Can the disc player in the NCL Dawn suites play MP3 files on disc?

KateQ22003

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you can help me. We are sailing on the Dawn next Friday in a 2-bedroom suite. I would like my son to burn a CD for me to bring to play in the suite; does anyone know if the player will play MP3 files burned to a disc?

Thank you,

Kathy

Most DVD players can play MP3 CD's....however, since there is no standard format for these CDs, an MP3 CD recorded by one person may work, while another may not. One of the big problems is long file names for the songs...not all DVD players can handle them.

I would think that an audio-CD would be a better choice....better quality sound and no incompatabilty problems. These are made by "ripping" tracks from audio CDs and then copying them to CDs in the Audio-CD format.

Most DVD players can play MP3 CD's....however, since there is no standard format for these CDs, an MP3 CD recorded by one person may work, while another may not. One of the big problems is long file names for the songs...not all DVD players can handle them.

I would think that an audio-CD would be a better choice....better quality sound and no incompatabilty problems. These are made by "ripping" tracks from audio CDs and then copying them to CDs in the Audio-CD format.

Thank you so much for your response.I guess to be safe we will burn audio CD's. I was just hoping he could burn MP3's instead so we could get more songs on a disc.

Thanks again,

Kathy

Archived