Lables- A Bit Peeved

chirpy007

Lisa, there was a time when we had to actually go to a travel agent's office and manually pick up our documents. Yes, times change. I find it much easier to print my own, and the tags are just another easier option for me. I don't need customer service from my TA; I need discounts. And those I get.

I don't know what sort of TA you use there. But we pride ourselves on giving our customers execellent customer service. And remember Pia, not every customer is lucky enough to have there own computer/printer to access their owm documents.

I don't know what sort of TA you use there. But we pride ourselves on giving our customers execellent customer service. And remember Pia, not every customer is lucky enough to have there own computer/printer to access their owm documents.

Englishbird, are you sure you are not here in the Dallas area? :)

The only luggage labels l can get are those that l have printed off myself, l then have to staple these to my luggage...whilst in the grand scheme of things not a massive problem but very irrating. As lm flying in from the UK and have two nights in NY first they cant be attached to my case and l need to bring a stapler to fix them on.

When did Princess stop sending lables ?

I laminate my luggage tags so they are a stronger than just paper and carry a small stapler in my shaving kit.

No, Sorry,. I am a long way from Dallas!!. Im in the Southwest of England:)

Yea, I saw your location said UK but ya never know. You sound like you have the same good service as our TA does. :)

This is a tough thread...it is no wonder some people get put off by Cruise Critic...sometimes you get beaten up. :)

Yea, I saw your location said UK but ya never know. You sound like you have the same good service as our TA does. :)

This is a tough thread...it is no wonder some people get put off by Cruise Critic...sometimes you get beaten up. :)

The problem with these forums are the people that think they know everything and are not willing to listen to other peoples opinions.

Im just glad I don't have to cruise with some of these people:D.

I have been a TA for 16 years and have alot of regular customers. So I guess my service must be ok.

:D:D

My travel agent is bonded.

It's much more risky to give your credit card to a sales clerk,

or waiter.

LOL! That was my thought reading this thread, too. I will keep my TA. They have given me good service and exceptional prices - a lot more than a $50 credit and a cheap bottle of wine.

I know we are at risk every time we use a charge card, but I still do it. As much as identity theft is a problem I refuse to be paranoid about it. I will continue to be careful and watch my credit reports & charge card statements faithfully for signs of a problem and correct it promptly if a problem shows up.

My real concern would be giving my cc number over the phone to a representative. I will only use my card on a secured internet connection or in person. I don't think my passport number has any real value unless they have my actual passport, which is kept locked in a safe when not in use.

We received REAL luggage tags in the mail (already pre-printed) on our recent NCL cruise. I thought that was nice. Same thing with our RCI cruise in 2010, although we had to request those. I have only had to use the self-printed ones on our Carnival cruise last summer. I folded and used the mini stapler mentioned before that I had put in my outside zipper of my checked luggage. It was no big deal to pack and more convenient to me than standing at the front desk waiting for a stapler from the clerk. And if they use electronic staplers you are out of luck! Guess I had better dig out the mini stapler again since we are cruising Princess on our next two cruise.

I know its ridiculous, such a shame and it puts me right off.

Archived