OMG!!! MY mom had her IPAD stolen!!!

lovetexas

Now that we have to leave our suitcases unlocked it is even more important to NOT pack anything valuable in the suitcase the porters take at the port.

We don't have to leave our suitcases unlocked that is what they make TSA locks for. But locks are really made to keep the innocent from stealing. Just ask anyone that has had their house broken into. I really use locks to keep my underwear from being all over the place if the suitcase was to fall open.;)

But no one should put anything such as ipads, cameras, money, jewelry, etc in their checked bags for a cruise or an airline.

everyone is correct in that it is not Carnival's fault it was stolen. You need to fess up to that and not blame Carnival.

As for RCI, how do you think they would step up? Say sorry Mam, here is a new one? LOL....

Unfortunate that it was stolen, but why be so quick to blame Carnival?

everyone is correct in that it is not Carnival's fault it was stolen. You need to fess up to that and not blame Carnival.

As for RCI, how do you think they would step up? Say sorry Mam, here is a new one? LOL....

Unfortunate that it was stolen, but why be so quick to blame Carnival?

Good to know, next time I go on RCL i will tell them I had a iPhone5 and a iPad 2 stolen by the porter, I guess they will have those items behind the GS desk brand spanking new waiting for me, would be a great cruise playing with my new toys :D

Good to know, next time I go on RCL i will tell them I had a iPhone5 and a iPad 2 stolen by the porter, I guess they will have those items behind the GS desk brand spanking new waiting for me, would be a great cruise playing with my new toys :D

LOL and I had an 80" Plasma TV, a new lambskin Chanel bag, and some Gucci shoes, thank you very much :D

Luggage wasn't locked? Never put valuables in luggage.

You think Mom learned by now she has to lock her luggage or take the valuables on a carry on bag. Maybe Mom hated the iPad lol and gave it as a tip and now doesn't want to get in trouble with her daughter, easy way out.

Ask the people that RCI left stranded in San Juan when Emily came through if RCI always steps up.

The Port of New Orleans needs to step up here, not Carnival. I understand why you are upset, but you are upset at the wrong people.

Ha, my thoughts exactly. Not sure I'd call RCI "stepping up" during Irene.

LOL and I had an 80" Plasma TV, a new lambskin Chanel bag, and some Gucci shoes, thank you very much :D

Yes! They will replace all of those things! :D

Ironically, the ONE and ONLY time I had anything taken on a cruise was on RCI... 2001, DD left her Gameboy in a drawer during debark, literally 3 minutes later she ran back to the room to grab it from the drawer she left it in and the steward was already in there, he said he didnt see it.

Oh my... we are frequent travelers.. my mom goes alot!!

She gave her bags over to security at the New Orleans port of Carnival. She got on the ship, got her luggage, and her brand new IPAD was gone!!!

They "state" they are not responsible... WHATEVER!!!! they take your luggage, they ARE responsible!!!

I am soooooo mad I can barely type this!!

My mom ( and Aunt who is with her), are in their late 70's. What is wrong here!!

Carnival MUST step up and accept responsiblity. My sisters and I gave her this IPAD for her 78th birthday.... GEEZ.....

I will keep everyone informed!

I think this is very important to know when traveling on Carnival.

On RCI they step up to everything they are responsible for????

All I can say is..... where is our customer service here!@~!????

Oh yea... so mad forgot to say..

They are on the Triumph !!!!!!

Porters do not work for carnival so whether the porters or someone at carnival took it. You NEVER GIVE OR CHECK VALUABLES !! They almost always go missing.!!!! A frequent traveler should no this. I do and I travel quite a bit. Sorry for your loss but frequent travelers should take some personal responsibility

Oh my... we are frequent travelers.. my mom goes alot!!

She gave her bags over to security at the New Orleans port of Carnival. She got on the ship, got her luggage, and her brand new IPAD was gone!!!

They "state" they are not responsible... WHATEVER!!!! they take your luggage, they ARE responsible!!!

I am soooooo mad I can barely type this!!

My mom ( and Aunt who is with her), are in their late 70's. What is wrong here!!

Carnival MUST step up and accept responsiblity. My sisters and I gave her this IPAD for her 78th birthday.... GEEZ.....

I will keep everyone informed!

I think this is very important to know when traveling on Carnival.

On RCI they step up to everything they are responsible for????

All I can say is..... where is our customer service here!@~!????

Oh yea... so mad forgot to say..

They are on the Triumph !!!!!!

Keeping your personal items with you is your responsibility. Never keep them in your luggage. Don't think the cruise line is at fault on this one but do hope you get your lost articles back..

I ALWAYS lock my luggage, including a locking strap around the suitcase.

Do you pack valuables in your double locked luggage, though?

We never lock ours, and have never had anything stolen. But we never pack anything of value either. Even if I locked it, nothing of value would be in there.

Archived