How Late

l2f

For our past cruises we have always had noon ish flights and got off the ship as quickly as we could. For our next cruise the best flight option is much later.

So my question is how long and you stay on the ship and what is left open? MDR, buffet, no food. Just Lido deck?

Thanks

Once disembarkment begins, they start locking entrances to the public areas. The MRD and libo breakfast buffet is open for a couple of hours. They will close access to those soon. The elevators are locked and you will need to be off the ship as your number is called. On our cruise last year, we were the last four off of the ship, not because we wanted to stay, but I use an electric scooter and all acceses were blocked but one. As we left the ship, the staff commented that we were the last four, no need to make any annoucement or begin a search.

You may get breakfast in the MDR or Lido.

The stewards will kindly ask that you get the hell out of your cabin around 8:30-9ish.

I know, for sure, the atrium bar will be open...cash sales only.

We eat a leisurely breakfast, then back to the cabin to get our belongings. We then find a spot along the Promenade to wait for the main herd to leave...no matter which zone number we have.

There are always those who leave before their zone number is called, so I've found it less aggravating to wait.

They will start shoving you off the ship around 10 or so.

They need to turn the ship over for the next bunch.

Depending on how smooth disembarkment is going, you will probably have to be off the ship by 10:00am-10:30 the very lastest.

With that being said, how late is your flight out? You may be better off looking into a post cruise excursion (they normally end around 2:00pm at the airport so depending on your flight time, you may still have time to kill) or seeing if you can get a day room at a nearby hotel or renting a car and doing some sight seeing if your flight is REALLY late and you need something to do. This will beat staying on the ship all morning and then sitting at the airport all afternoon.

The ship is usually clear by 11:00. I was able to stay on the Elation to 11:30 once, but that was something like 8 years ago. Tak is right about the excursion for the last day, I'm looking at flights out of Orlando next year and it looks like we might take a 6:00 pm flight out, so we will be in the same position as you. The Cape Canaveral tour ends at 1:00 pm, so what well we do for 5 or 6 hours, sit in the airport, not fun, especially with a 6 year old.

Archived