**Destiny Unknown** HMC, Grand Turk, Nassau 9/5-9/10/2011

DEBnGAB

Hey Deb and Gab..Love love love the review.....and you look like you..LOL..it is so fun to see your face Sac..ok have fun and thanks so much for the review..sarah

Hey there Sarah!!! :D Glad you love the review and yep, thats me in vacation mode:)...check back tomorrow. Posting more!

Hey there Sarah!!! :D Glad you love the review and yep, thats me in vacation mode:)...check back tomorrow. Posting more!

OK friend..you just have a nice happy face like I imagined..very pretty and strong..have a rest and thanks review is fabulous ..i remember way back when a friend of mine went on the Destiny Inaugural...LOL..she goes on all of them still...lol..looks like a great ship and yes like a larger Fantasy ship..with some very pretty places too..great photos..sarah:)

Hi Deb!

I don't know if you remember, but we're leaving on the Destiny..well...soon!!

Your friend Sherri didn't leave anything in the cabin, did she?

And...um.... love the pics of your cabin..and really want to see 6363? Yes, I know its just like yours....but no couch... :(

at least with one lounger, I can sleep out there if hubby's snoring keeps me up!! :)

You're getting me way too excited for next week!

Sherrie here.....I don't think I left anything in cabin 6363! If I did........I haven't came across it being left behind yet!:)

Sorry I didn't take any pics of our cabin. I am really bad about taking pictures and I am really glad Deb did such a great job doing so. As Deb said we didn't have a couch in our cabin and we didn't have a chair either! They ended up bring us one from the aft deck. Maybe it will still be in there!;):)

One thing we found really annoying in our cabin was that the toilet wouldn't flush right away when the butten was pushed. You would push it and then it would flush when it felt like it! So you would be brushing your teeth at the sink and all of a sudden the toilet would flush!:)

Have a great cruise!

OK friend..you just have a nice happy face like I imagined..very pretty and strong..have a rest and thanks review is fabulous ..i remember way back when a friend of mine went on the Destiny Inaugural...LOL..she goes on all of them still...lol..looks like a great ship and yes like a larger Fantasy ship..with some very pretty places too..great photos..sarah:)

You are sweet Sarah! When are you coming to the west coast to sail again??

Oh so jealous of HMC - if you recall we never made it there on our Destiny cruise in February - so disappointing - hoping to make it there next January and looking forward to it so much (maybe I can 'reserve' Don's cabana for 1? Looks quite lovely :D:D)

...and I too had a 'lazy' toilet - once went out into the hall to speak with room steward about it - of course by the time I got back it had 'flushed' and I looked pretty silly! :)

Oh so jealous of HMC - if you recall we never made it there on our Destiny cruise in February - so disappointing - hoping to make it there next January and looking forward to it so much (maybe I can 'reserve' Don's cabana for 1? Looks quite lovely :D:D)

...and I too had a 'lazy' toilet - once went out into the hall to speak with room steward about it - of course by the time I got back it had 'flushed' and I looked pretty silly! :)

Don's Cabana for 1 was right between Cabanas 10 and 11. Get there quick and pull up a chair next to it to keep a bit of privacy. Later in the day, a family with a baby+stroller rolled right up next to him. No offense to anyone with kids and strollers.

Great pics! We had cabana #11 too :)

I was afraid we'd be in "Sibera" and too far away removed...but it was perfect! Probably the farthest I would go down though.

Deb, great pics of HMC. Just what I needed to start drooling and hoping that Mother Nature spares our cruise.

This will be my first time there and Dear God I can't wait!!!

My fingers crossed for you guys Chris!! Seems like yesterday we were all chatting about how/when to make cabana reservations :D

Yes Hi Lisa! I couldnt remember if you had 6336 or 6363. I'll ask Sherrie if she took any of 6363..i thought I did but I dont see the pics. Guess I didnt :(

Well, you could have had a new Mastercard if you had 6371..lol! I left a credit card in the room.

The lounger out on the balcony is GREAT for naps!! I hope you guys have a great time!. Also, I posted on your thread about the bugs in HMC.

yes! Thank you! I went out and bought some cutter wipes yesterday and they're stashed in my bag!! Left a credit card in the room...yikes!!!

Thanks for the great review -- I was checking up on my buddy Don's trip. It looks like everyone had a grand time!!

Hey Don - on that first leg of your B2B, did they manage a private island stop as well?

What an amazing shot! I cant believe you caught the cork in mid air! ...

Given the angle - my guess is that it ended up at sea level... :eek:

Tom

Love the review thus far! Quick question: Do you think that the cabana is worth it for only 2 people? My husband hates being in the sun, but I love it.

Hi..and thank you! I couldnt see myself going to HMC and not having one. Sherrie and George had their own for 2 and thought it was worth it. If you have a good roll call going for your cruise, maybe you can see if another couple might want to split one with you...thats an option too. :)

We had 8 in each :eek: (paid for 4) but there was plenty of room and we didnt even finish the snacks.

Thanks for the great review -- I was checking up on my buddy Don's trip. It looks like everyone had a grand time!!

Hey Don - on that first leg of your B2B, did they manage a private island stop as well?

Given the angle - my guess is that it ended up at sea level... :eek:

Tom

Or flew into someones Aft!

If you talk to Don, you'll have to ask him about the slot machine tournament.....I didnt want to post too much of it here for fear of offending anyone. It was a priceless moment!

I am enjoying the you great review and your pictures! DW and I took the same cruise last October, but we had to miss Half Moon Cay b/c of rough seas that day! Looks like you had a great time!

Thank you! Means you should book again for HMC ;)

Hi and thank you!

More to come...writing about the ports tonight. I believe Lee contacted Group Services at Carnival about it a few months ahead of time. We said it was for a Birthday Party, as we heard they frown upon Cruise Critic groups ( not sure why). You'd need at least 20 people and its $11.44 for open bar for 1 hour in a private room. They charged Lee's S&S card and we all paid her in advance. It was a lot of fun and I know I had more than $11.44's worth!

Wow, thanks for the info...

If you talk to Don, you'll have to ask him about the slot machine tournament.....I didnt want to post too much of it here for fear of offending anyone. It was a priceless moment!

oooo --- this should be good!! I have witnessed a few of Don's attempts at taking the slot tourney prize!! :D

Tom

Archived