Help for family......

keba

We are going to Belize in 2 weeks and trying to figure out an excursion/s for our family of 6. Our kids are 17, 11, 7 and 5. Hubbie is thinking of taking the two older ones cave tubing and me taking the two younger ones to Goff's Caye or Caye Caulker.

Does anyone have other ideas? Who would you recommend. I'll probably be more nervous about getting back to the ship on time as we don't want to leave half of us behind:-)

Thanks much! We can't wait to go:)

I'll probably be more nervous about getting back to the ship on time as we don't want to leave half of us behind:-)

While your concern is understandable, I've yet to see anyone post that they have missed the ship during an excursion (except for one couple who had trouble telling time and decided to cut it close on their own beach day)

-Monte

If you are interested in Caye Caulker, check out Coral Breeze. We did the Shark/Ray Snorkeling & Caye Caulker Exploration. It was the best. Here is a link: http://www.coralbreezelimited.com/current_category.15/tours_category.html

Coral Breeze's pricing is much better than the Cruise Lines. The tour is longer and you can include lunch. The lunch was very good and the Beliken beer sure tasted good after the swim. The guides were very helpful and informative.

We did the Goff's Caye excursion offered by the ship (Carnival Elation) and had a great time! It was a beautiful little island....in fact, a picture of it is the wallpaper on my computer now! I did a fairly detailed review on this Belize forum....try a search for Goff's Caye if you are interested, and I can try to answer specific questions, too. No worries about missing the ship if you're on a ship's excursion....that's a bonus.

We're doing the Goff's Caye snorkeling trip through Carnival on the Glory. We went back and forth as to what to do on Belize. I do not want any stress about times and missing the ship but know people do it all of the time. Everyone is different and for us, this works out the best. Also, we are sailing after April 3 which means Belize is two hours behind eastern time since they don't recognize daylight saving time. I booked the morning excursion which leaves at 8;00 a.m. and arrives back on the ship around noon. We'll have time for some lunch and then take the tender into the shopping village. The tour leaves directly from the ship. To us, the best of all worlds!

Thanks for all the helpful ideas. My hubbie and two older boys are going with Yhony for the cavetubing. It's still a toss-up for me....either Goff's Caye or Coral Beach Resort with Belize Rays. They both are shorter trips so I'm not as worried getting back in time. Does anyone have experience with either Yhony or Belize Rays?

My family, kids ages 16, 11, and 10, will be going on Coral Breeze and am not nervous about it at all. I talked to Paul, he is the best person to talk to.....It sounds the best for my family! Happy sailing for you and your family;)

Archived