Strange Phonecall to Captains Club Rep.

theawesome1

We have yet to receive any emails or postal mails from Celebrity. We have receieved 5 CC cards each, which I phoned them in February thanking them but to stop mailing them. The gal stated when I signed up for brochures the computer was coding me for cards. Huh?

So I speak with an Angelo, who told me by May 15th I would see the newsletter since they are mailed out not at the same time for everyone. Huh? Then I asked about upgrades at purchase of a cruise & he states that I purchased a verandah stateroom which are not upgraded. Only the cheap ones (inside & oceanview) are. I remarked that that was the old standard, that since M class joined the ranks the upgrade policy changed. He stated NO, it remains the same only inside to better inside & oceanview to a better oceanview but not to a verandah.

When I remarked that rewarding customers to repeat cruising should be important to RCCL/Celebrity. He stated they do reward everyone with an excellent time aboard. He sounded like he was reading from a typed page of responses.

When I mentioned Cruise Critic cruising forum he stated that Celebrity people are NOT permitted to access them. When I told him to pass along my remarks that it would be beneficial to have a rep online to correct statements & to read the good & bad about cruises by their customers. He then tells me that email is available to all for questions to be answered.

Got my newsletter yesterday! YEAH!

My logo: When we disembark, I just have to book another!

I don't know why they are mailed out at different times, but based on people's comments on this board about when they receive their newsletter, it does make sense.

Also the balcony cabins have been excluded from the Capt Club one category upgrade program for quite some time now. In fact I am fairly sure that they were excluded before the M-class ships came out.

Jubilee 1991 Solar Eclipse
Century FO 1996 E Carib
Mercury FO 1998 W Carib
Galaxy SS 2000 Alaska IP
Infinity FV 2002 S Carib
Horizon HS 3/05 W Carib

I've had some weird experiences calling them as well. I've only done it twice, once with a question about CC category cabins and once about a onboard credit. A few weeks after each call I got a new Captain's Club card saying "Here is the card you requested". They had my correct number on them, I just found it odd. I've decided against calling them anymore [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Terri

Skyward - 1989
Carnivale - 1991
Holiday - 1994
Fantasy - 1998
Century - 2002
Century - 2003
Jubilee - 7/04
Century - 9/04
Coral Princess 3/05

We have four members in our family with CC memberships. My wife, daughter age 20, son age 18 and myself. The only one who receives mailings is my son and he is the only one who has not yet received his membership packet.

Don

But on the coupons inside the last page, it does state that they are could on outside stateroom or suite (Cat 8 or above) so that would work. I'm really not sure where Cat 8 is though - maybe it's the "real" suites.

We have been a member of the captains club since 1992. Upgrades have never been available for suites or verandahs. They have always been inside to inside or oceanview to oceanview. And the captains club upgrade is that you pay the lower category price for the category you want - for example pay a cat 12 price for a cat 11 cabin or pay a cat 5 price for a cat 4 cabin. That way you pick out the cabin you want - they don't switch your cabin on you.
Coupons are for any cabin - the amount of the coupon may vary depending on what type and will be stated on the coupon.
As far as mailing out the newsletters on the same day - well, when we joined in 92, the membership numbers were sequential. We were members 4234 and couples had the same number for both members. Can you imagine how many members they have now - especially since they dropped the fee? I am sure the logistics of the sheer volume causes the mailing to go out in stages.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92
Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93
Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95
Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99
Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01
Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03
Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

I have been consistently told that the one category upgrade does not include verandas. I believe a Cat 8 cabin is on deck 2. Our experience in the past has been we would "pick" a Cat 8 outside cabin and the "upgrade" would be for a Cat 7 outside cabin which in one instance was located in the middle of Deck 2 instead of at either end of Deck 2. (in other words the Cat 8's were at either end, the Cat 7's in the middle)

This past year we booked a Cat 7 outside cabin on Deck 2 (this year ALL cabins on Deck 2 were Cat 7's) and were upgraded to a Cat 6 outside cabin which moved us to Deck 3.

No sure when the newsletter comes out. As of today I haven't gotten mine

Our TA (about 3 different ones over the years) have always let us pick our exact cabin and has gotten Celebrity to price it at the lower cat price. We have never had our rooms switched from what we originally selected. We usually like a room mid-ship or near an elevator (when hubby discovered he would need hip replacement surgery). If you would like a certain cabin, I am sure your TA can work out the same deal for you as most captains club members(that do not get a verandah or suite) that I have spoke with have their TA do the same.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92
Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93
Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95
Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99
Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01
Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03
Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

Archived