How far in advance do you book your flight?

CRUISING71

My wife and I only sail every other year. So for us once we get home from our cruise in Oct. I will start looking for our next cruise for Oct. of 2013. Once we figure out which one we would like to do. I start watching airfare prices to see what they are. Then went they are available our cruise I book them when I think it is a good price.

We book our cruises about eighteen months out. The airlines rarely have rates posted that early. When they do come out, we start watching. The prices are usually out of sight so we wait for them to go down. They keep going up so we regretfully book them at a higher price than what we would have had we done it sooner.

For our last cruise, I was on the desktop computer looking for prices. DW was on the laptop looking too. I entered the itinerary for four people (myself, DW, son and nephew). Price came up at $379 each. DW had entered same itinerary but for only two people. Price came up at $326. She suggested that we each do two people. We ran through the process of entering all of the info for each two and assigning seats together. I had hers and mine, she did son's and nephew's. I hit enter first and it came up $326 each. She hit enter just a few seconds later and the price was $20 more for each of her two.

When it comes to flights, ya just can't win!

We are looking at the Dream for April 2012. I checked flight schedule 3 days ago and just check today and the price went up. :(

Do you normally book flight first or cruise first?

We start 6 months before and statr checking rate. Usualy the eailer one books the cheaper the rates. We are cruising out of San Juan in January and kept checking back 2 to 3 times a day and got the rate we wanted, the time and return flight we needed.:o

We start 6 months before and statr checking rate. Usualy the eailer one books the cheaper the rates. We are cruising out of San Juan in January and kept checking back 2 to 3 times a day and got the rate we wanted, the time and return flight we needed.:o

Forgot to say that we go directly to the A/C sites and get a better deal than orbitz any of the others.:o

Archived