Robert's Hawaii Pearl Harbor and Honolulu City Tour AFTER Cruise

Stoney13

Hi there,

My wife and I are thinking about taking this tour the day our cruise (POA) docks back in Honolulu.

I heard that the USS Arizona Memorial tickets go very fast and that you must get there early in the morning before they sell-out.

The question I have for anyone who has gone on this, is that the tour leaves the dock at 9am so will we still be able to get out to the memorial or does Robert's pre-arrange tickets?

Thanks!

:D

Jon

Hi there,

My wife and I are thinking about taking this tour the day our cruise (POA) docks back in Honolulu.

I heard that the USS Arizona Memorial tickets go very fast and that you must get there early in the morning before they sell-out.

The question I have for anyone who has gone on this, is that the tour leaves the dock at 9am so will we still be able to get out to the memorial or does Robert's pre-arrange tickets?

Thanks!

Jon

Glad you asked this question.....my family and I are planning to do the same thing. I like that they take your luggage and drop you at the airport.

Glad you asked this question.....my family and I are planning to do the same thing. I like that they take your luggage and drop you at the airport.

Yep that is a selling feature for sure.

Since we are staying a couple nights in Honolulu post-cruise I had to verify that they would drop us off at our hotel. Was told our luggage would be loaded into the tour bus and that both it and us would be dropped off at our hotel at tour end. :)

Jon

I took this same tour over a year ago so hopefully someone that has been recently can verify. I am sure things change depending on the day or even time of the year. Because it leaves the ship at 9am, I am sure that is why we didn't get to see the Memorial until after 1pm, even though that was the first stop we made when leaving the ship to get the tickets. Unfortunately we wasted time on this tour, including going to the flea market for over an hour. It was about 4:30 when we got dropped off at our hotel.

We did the same cruise a few months ago and went directly to our hotel after the cruise. We expected to just drop off our bags but were lucky and got to check-in so we enjoyed the beach for the whole day. This time we went to the Memorial again but did it pre-cruise the day of embarkation.

I took this same tour over a year ago so hopefully someone that has been recently can verify. I am sure things change depending on the day or even time of the year. Because it leaves the ship at 9am, I am sure that is why we didn't get to see the Memorial until after 1pm, even though that was the first stop we made when leaving the ship to get the tickets. Unfortunately we wasted time on this tour, including going to the flea market for over an hour. It was about 4:30 when we got dropped off at our hotel.

We did the same cruise a few months ago and went directly to our hotel after the cruise. We expected to just drop off our bags but were lucky and got to check-in so we enjoyed the beach for the whole day. This time we went to the Memorial again but did it pre-cruise the day of embarkation.

So you did this tour through Robert's? You went straight to the Memorial, got tickets...and then they took you to the Flea Market while you waited until 1pm? Just wondering if I have this right.

• 2 weeks later...
So you did this tour through Robert's? You went straight to the Memorial, got tickets...and then they took you to the Flea Market while you waited until 1pm? Just wondering if I have this right.

Yes that is correct. First thing we did was to go to the Memorial to get tickets. We did do some other things: drove through Honolulu, Punchbowl, 15 minute stop at the Pali Lookout and a State building downtown where we stopped for 45 minutes so everyone could buy a hot dog at a stand on the sidewalk. Finally we were at the Memorial at 1pm. It was definitely through Roberts.

We did it differently. We did Pearl Harbor the day we were getting onto our cruise. We checked out of our hotel but left our bags with the front desk. We were at Pearl Harbor by 8am and we were done by lunch time. We went back to our hotel, had lunch, grabbed our bags and went to check in for our cruise.

We prebooked an island tour for our disembarking day. We were getting off Pride of America around 8am and this tour picked us up around 9am, took our luggage, and took us around Oahu for 6 hours and then took us to the airport. We were inline, checking in for our flight by 4pm and our flight was at 7pm. this was a great descision. We has such a good last day in Hawaii and we didn't stand in any lines (besides at the airport) or wait around for anything. We saw Diamond Head, Pali lookout, Boyod temple, chinamans hat, a beautiful beach on the norht shore near Haleawai and had shaved ice at the famous place, matsamotas (spelling). Our last stop was the Dole plantation where we picked up a few souveniers and had some pinapple icecream. We looked around and had a hard time finding tours that were not in motorcoach buses, im not big on crowds, and that could take our luggage. we booked with http://hawaiicruiseexcursions.com/OahuIslandExcursionsToursHawaii.htm and had a fantastic last day in Hawaii. You might want to do Pearl Harbor on your own, before your cruise and save your last day for something where you will have a great last day in Hawaii. Thats what we did and it was a great decision.

We did it differently. We did Pearl Harbor the day we were getting onto our cruise. We checked out of our hotel but left our bags with the front desk. We were at Pearl Harbor by 8am and we were done by lunch time. We went back to our hotel, had lunch, grabbed our bags and went to check in for our cruise.

We prebooked an island tour for our disembarking day. We were getting off Pride of America around 8am and this tour picked us up around 9am, took our luggage, and took us around Oahu for 6 hours and then took us to the airport. We were inline, checking in for our flight by 4pm and our flight was at 7pm. this was a great descision. We has such a good last day in Hawaii and we didn't stand in any lines (besides at the airport) or wait around for anything. We saw Diamond Head, Pali lookout, Boyod temple, chinamans hat, a beautiful beach on the norht shore near Haleawai and had shaved ice at the famous place, matsamotas (spelling). Our last stop was the Dole plantation where we picked up a few souveniers and had some pinapple icecream. We looked around and had a hard time finding tours that were not in motorcoach buses, im not big on crowds, and that could take our luggage. we booked with http://hawaiicruiseexcursions.com/OahuIslandExcursionsToursHawaii.htm and had a fantastic last day in Hawaii. You might want to do Pearl Harbor on your own, before your cruise and save your last day for something where you will have a great last day in Hawaii. Thats what we did and it was a great decision.

Did you do Roberts for Pearl Harbor on Saturday? We thought about doing the Island Tour on Friday. We arrive Thursday at 3:00. Thought that we would just walk around our hotel and the area for Thursday. Do the Island tour on Friday. Spend Friday nite maybe at Dukes. Saturday we disembark at 7:00 (don't know what time we have to be on board) (any hints???). So, we thought doing Pearl Harbor before cruise made more sense. We are staying at Hawaiian Village, so I would guess they would let us keep our luggage there until we return from Pearl Harbor. Any help on this. Thanks.

Loving this thread! We are also doing POA, in February. Since we fly in Friday, I thought it would be best to see Pearl Harbor on Saturday (first day, instead of last). NCL says we can book through them, through their hotel (where we will be staying Friday night) and they will take care of luggage/transportation to the port - but I haven't confirmed this, because I haven't called Hawaii yet!

I hadn't thought about what to do on our last day - thank you for the suggestion!

So...if what NCL says about luggage and ground transportaion is true, then I don't think I'll investigate other options (like Roberts) unless you guys know better.

Roberts tours are about half the price of NCL's so they are the better deal.

If you can go to Pearl Harbor on a non cruise day due to a pre or post stay, you are much better off. Roberts (and other tour companies which usually have desks in the hotel lobbies) offer stand alone Pearl Harbor tours.

The group that had to go to the Flea Market probably got to Pearl Harbor and then got late afternoon launch tickets and so the driver went to the Flea Market at Aloha stadium across the street to kill time.

The tickets for the launches that go out to the actual Memorial are free but are distributed on a first come, first serve basis in order. (in other words, you cannot request a specific time...your time is based on when you pick up your tickets). The tickets go fast and that is why my #1 advice for Pearl Harbor is to arrive their on an early tour or drive there early. (like leaving Waikiki by 7:00 a.m. at the latest.) We arrived at 8:00 a.m last year and had 9:45 tickets. Many times by 9:00 or 10:00, they are on the late afternoon tickets and on really busy days, all tickets for the day are gone by 11:00 a.m.

You can also make this a longer tour if you plan to include the USS Missouri on your tour. The Missouri is also anchored at Pearl Harbor but does charge admission but the shuttle bus to that leaves from the area near Pearl Harbor Memorial. The "Mighty Mo" is anchored facing the Arizona Memorial...so you have the bookends of World War II. (Missouri is the ship on which Japan signed their surrender to MacArthur in 1945). This ship is great to tour and really gives you a great view of what life was like on those ships and to see how big our ships are.

A final note about Pearl Harbor: No bags are permited to be taken to Pearl Harbor memorial. You either have to leave your bags in your car, on your tour bus or rent a locker near the entrance to Pearl Harbor. This includes no camera cases. You can take the camera in...just no cases. As my last tour guide said... if it doesn't fit in your pocket, you can't take it in unless you are carrying it (in the case of cameras). My mother in law was not even allowed to wear her fanny pack in. This is operated by the US Government and that is why security is so strict. Note: if you are going to drive to Pearl Harbor, put you bags in the trunk BEFORE you arrive at Pearl and don't leave them in view in your car. (This is to prevent a smash and grab while you are at the Memorial)

I have been to Pearl Harbor on all three of my visits to Hawaii and each time is just as moving as the first. You will enjoy it...don't miss it.

I was wondering if it's better to go through Roberts, and do you book through your Hotel or go on your own? I'm sorry I'm new to the board. I didn't finnish reading everything. I quess Roberts is the way to go. We are planning to go Aug 2012 for our 50th Annivesary.

I was wondering if it's better to go through Roberts, and do you book through your Hotel or go on your own? I'm sorry I'm new to the board. I didn't finnish reading everything. I quess Roberts is the way to go. We are planning to go Aug 2012 for our 50th Annivesary.

You can book Roberts ahead of time. (http://www.gorabbitgo.com or search "roberts Hawaii"). They will pick you up at whatever Waikiki hotel you are at. If you go through the companies in the hotel lobbies, it may or may not be Roberts.

Roberts also offers a shuttle bus service from the Airport to the ship ($6 a person); Airport to any Waikiki hotel ($9); Hotel to Ship ($6); Ship to Airport ($6) or Ship to Hotel ($6). MUCH cheaper than using NCL's transfer program or a taxi.

I am wondering if there would be a benefit to booking this Pearl Harbor excursion through the cruise lione...maybe you get off the ship faster and to Pearl Harbor faster? I know Robert's picks you up at 9am...

I am a bit concerned as I have read elsewhere that Pearl Harbor will be extra busy that week because of the 70th anniversary of the attacke. Maybe we will not need to worry about it but just wondered what others thoughts were concerning this.

Hey gang!!

Sorry about the lack of responses since we got back from hawaii but just now getting back into the swing of things.

We did end up booking the Pearl Harbor tour with Roberts the day the cruise ends. It was perfect!!

The pick-up from the pier was at 9am. All the luggage was put below the bus.

We got to Pearl around 10ish and had tickets to the Arizona Memorial at 10:45. I think a Roberts rep heads to PH early in the morning to secure tour tickets for the all the Roberts Tours. I know one of the NCL tours that left before us didn't get Arizona tickets till after 12 noon.

After the PH tour we were shown different sites around Honolulu and then since we were staying at a hotel for a few days we were dropped off directly there before the rest got dropped off at the airport.

Would highly recommenrd Roberts!! We actually booked PH, Volcanoes National Park, Haleakala Crater, and the Luau all with Roberts and all were top notch!

Jon

Hey gang!!

Sorry about the lack of responses since we got back from hawaii but just now getting back into the swing of things.

We did end up booking the Pearl Harbor tour with Roberts the day the cruise ends. It was perfect!!

The pick-up from the pier was at 9am. All the luggage was put below the bus.

We got to Pearl around 10ish and had tickets to the Arizona Memorial at 10:45. I think a Roberts rep heads to PH early in the morning to secure tour tickets for the all the Roberts Tours. I know one of the NCL tours that left before us didn't get Arizona tickets till after 12 noon.

After the PH tour we were shown different sites around Honolulu and then since we were staying at a hotel for a few days we were dropped off directly there before the rest got dropped off at the airport.

Would highly recommenrd Roberts!! We actually booked PH, Volcanoes National Park, Haleakala Crater, and the Luau all with Roberts and all were top notch!

Thanks for the info!! I think we are going to use them for a couple of other tours as well. One question....was your hotel near the airport? The first time I called them they said they would drop people at their hotel or the airport....the next time I called they said they would just drop people at the airport....and we would have to take the airport shuttle to the airport.

Not big deal I guess as long as there is a shuttle. My husband and I do not fly out until around 10:30pm that night....the other 4 in our group do not fly out until the next day. They are staying at a hotel by the airport so we were all going to just go there for a while...or grab dinner or whatever. Trying to figure out how we will all get to their hotel

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info!! I think we are going to use them for a couple of other tours as well. One question....was your hotel near the airport? The first time I called them they said they would drop people at their hotel or the airport....the next time I called they said they would just drop people at the airport....and we would have to take the airport shuttle to the airport.

Not big deal I guess as long as there is a shuttle. My husband and I do not fly out until around 10:30pm that night....the other 4 in our group do not fly out until the next day. They are staying at a hotel by the airport so we were all going to just go there for a while...or grab dinner or whatever. Trying to figure out how we will all get to their hotel

Thanks again!

Nope we stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach which is at the end of Waikiki close to Diamond Head and the Zoo.

Jon

Archived