LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

Another GREAT review.

Another PRE-FAB port .. how sad :mad: .. but at least it has to be better than docking at Ocho Rios.

There is no doubt that the Port Complex in Falmouth is being built jsut for the cruise ships.

However, I don't consider it "Pre-Fab!"

There is a lot of historic re-construction in progress.

I expect that, as funding permits, Falmouth will become a major historic destination in the Caribbean. Keep in mind that the English ships based their Caribbean opperations here for two hundred years of so.

Do a Google search for "Falmouth English Harbor" there is lots of info out there.

Trainman, we are really enjoying your review and terrific pictures. We will be on the Oasis (Oct.1st) for my Birthday cruise. Just wondered about your upgrade in staterooms at check-in. How did they finally get your luggage to you in a different stateroom?? We are long time D+ and are still hoping for an upgrade!! We have only had one upgrade a few years ago. Again, thanks for all your insights!! John & Priscilla :) :)

Trainman, we are really enjoying your review and terrific pictures. We will be on the Oasis (Oct.1st) for my Birthday cruise. Just wondered about your upgrade in staterooms at check-in. How did they finally get your luggage to you in a different stateroom?? We are long time D+ and are still hoping for an upgrade!! We have only had one upgrade a few years ago. Again, thanks for all your insights!! John & Priscilla :) :)

Feel your pain,,we have the same status as you,,but have never had a upgrade:mad:,,,at least you had one..:eek:

They announced in advance no recording of any kind but they didn't say "No Photos" so here are a few that will give you the "flavor" of the event. They were taken from the rear of the balcony and are not too great.

Trainman2, SHAME on you!!!! You have been on enough cruises to know what

"no recording of any kind means". :(

"but they didn't say "No Photos" is a "COP OUT" on your part. :mad:

Seriously.... go outside, take a deep breath and a healthy helping of friendly advice, "Mind your own business and don't worry about what other folks are doing".

-germ

If they didn't want peope to take photos, they would have announced it, and didja ever think of decaf?

This group looks great and I would love for them to be on my February 11 cruise on Oasis. Odd how RCI has only booked them once for late 2012 on Allure ? Still hoping they add them more but I wonder if they are phasing them out?

After Dinner we went back to our cabin and relaxed awhile and then headed for the Opal Theater and This Week's Headliner Show

ABBACADABRA

They were Fantastic!

They do an exact copy of the original ABBA which was one of my favorite groups from the old days.

They announced in advance no recording of any kind but they didn't say "No Photos" so here are a few that will give you the "flavor" of the event. They were taken from the rear of the balcony and are not too great.

DSCN3660.jpg

DSCN3655.jpg

DSCN3653.jpg

DSCN3652.jpg

I was under the impression the rule was no video recording of any kind, and no flash photography. It's clear that Trainman didn't use his flash on his photos, so no harm done? If the photos are for your own personal memories, and they're not interfering with the performers or anyone around you, what's the harm?

Anyway, thank you for your review Trainman - I've never been that interested in a Caribbean cruise, but I'm coming round to the idea now... I'm seriously going to wish for a lottery win though as it's the only way I think I'm ever going to be able to afford that loft suite - wowsers!! :D

My thoughts on Falmouth...

Clearly the port is still under construction but it is just a clear that more and better things are on the way.

I am guessing that the clear flat area in the background is where the spoil was dumped when they dredged the port area for Oasis & Allure. Judith and I both feel that this will be still more expansion of the port.

I was told that area will be a water park. I guess we will see though.

WOW!!!!!!!!! Multiple fonts, ALL CAPS, emoticons...really????? Everything I have ever heard is "no video taping and no flash photography". If you are going to be the "video/photography" police, at least learn the regs. Otherwise, take a valium and relax.

Thank you Trainman for your wonderful review. Photos and ALL!!! :)

Ok Trainman, you can not let the week slip by without a picture of a famous Trainman Breakfast Sandwich after construction!!

Love Judith's new hat!!!

.......and just love love love the photo of her on the miniature golf course!!!!!

Continue to enjoy your week!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

I think that eventually, RCI would have worked everything out.

But we were impatient!

We walked by our former stateroom and found one of our suitcases outside the door so we hauled it to our new stateroom.

Later on we went back and hooked up with the Cabin Attendant at our former stateroom. He had bagged up our amenities, confirmations, and invites for us and gave them to us. While we were there our second suitcase showed up and the attendant had it delivered to our new cabin.

Al's well that ends well...

They Play an Audio Recording before the show that sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger in his Terminator Roll that is actually pretty funny. It addresses recording of the shows because they are copyrighted.

They played the same recording at the Aqua Theater on our first night and the Cruise Director commented on it and told us that photos without a flash were "OK!"

While I was taking one of the photos of ABBACADABRA a security guy came by ad asked if I was recording. I showed him what he was doing and he said photos are "OK" but No Flash!

As I said in the OP, recording and photographing are two different things and different rules apply to each.

Archived