LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

Trainman, we are really enjoying your review and terrific pictures. We will be on the Oasis (Oct.1st) for my Birthday cruise. Just wondered about your upgrade in staterooms at check-in. How did they finally get your luggage to you in a different stateroom?? We are long time D+ and are still hoping for an upgrade!! We have only had one upgrade a few years ago. Again, thanks for all your insights!! John & Priscilla :) :)

I think that eventually, RCI would have worked everything out.

But we were impatient!

We walked by our former stateroom and found one of our suitcases outside the door so we hauled it to our new stateroom.

Later on we went back and hooked up with the Cabin Attendant at our former stateroom. He had bagged up our amenities, confirmations, and invites for us and gave them to us. While we were there our second suitcase showed up and the attendant had it delivered to our new cabin.

Al's well that ends well...

so glad it all worked out so well...Those Stateroom Attendants are the BEST!!!

Trainman2, SHAME on you!!!! You have been on enough cruises to know what

"no recording of any kind means". :(

"but they didn't say "No Photos" is a "COP OUT" on your part. :mad:

I, for one, will sell these high quality ABBACADABRA photos at eBay. I'm talking ABBACADABRA posters, T-shirt, mugs, keychains . . . You know how hard it is to sneak even one picture of ABBACADABRA while they are in concert? 4, count them 4 super clear ABBACADABRA photos, wow Trainman-2, you are a rebel and a genius. Thank you so much.

Breakfast in the Windjammer

We ran into Rev

DSCN3675.jpg

Judith

DSCN3676.jpg

Trainman

DSCN3677.jpg

They do not do eggs or omelets to order on the Oasis and Allure because there are so many people in the Windjammers in the morning. They do offer pre-made fried eggs, over easy, and a number of different omelets. I have tried most of them. They are fresh and very good.

Ok Trainman, you can not let the week slip by without a picture of a famous Trainman Breakfast Sandwich after construction!!

May All Of Your Wishes Be Granted! :)

Building an Official Trainman-2 Breakfast Sandwich

A CAUTIONARY NOTE: This Sandwich has been Disapproved by my personal Team of Doctors. I recommend that everyone obtain Medical Clearance before attempting to build one of these.

Step 1: Smear Creme Cheese onto two halves of a Toasted English Muffin.

DSCN3678.jpg

Step 2: Spread Jam of your choice on top of the Creme Cheese.

DSCN3679.jpg

Step 3. Carefully arrange four sausages on one muffin half.

DSCN3680.jpg

Step 4. Assemble and enjoy!

DSCN3681.jpg

I recommend that all CC'ers limit themselves to a maximum of 10 or these sandwiches per day!

Thanks for your wonderful post. It's fun cruise with you. We will be on the Oasis on Jan 21 with you.

Did you see if there were any Beaches in Falmouth close by to take the kids? Or Taxi's to take us there, we don't spend a long time but it would be nice to take a dip.

Thanks

A CAUTIONARY NOTE: This Sandwich has been Disapproved by my personal Team of Doctors. I recommend that everyone obtain Medical Clearance before attempting to build one of these.

I recommend that all CC'ers limit themselves to a maximum of 10 or these sandwiches per day!

and there you have it Folks!!! haha!!!

thx Trainman-2

FOR SMOKERS ONLY!

The pool deck walkway on the Port (left) Side is a designated smoking area between the two elevator banks.

Smoking is not permitted in the Lounge Chair Areas around the pools.

This is a nice shady area (and mostly dry on rainy days) with lots of lounge chairs and tables near the Pool Bar.

DSCN3694.jpg

DSCN3695.jpg

DSCN3243.jpg

DSCN3678.jpg

DSCN3679.jpg

DSCN3680.jpg

DSCN3681.jpg

Trainman! Love. Love. Love the sandwich!! I won't make one when on the Oasis, but you are definitely a talented sandwich-maker!

Your review and photos are making the long wait until February easier! I thank you for sharing.

Note to self: Show pictures of sandwich to vegan niece. She'l lloooovvveee it!

My husband is looking forward to trying the Trainman bkfst sandwich in March! He isn't a big jelly kind of guy and was wondering if you have ever tried it with maple syrup instead of jelly?

You and Judith are such lovely people and you have such a great sense of humor. I hope our paths cross some day. You also have a much nicer way about you than I would when dealing with 'hecklers' on your own dang trip report. Keep up the wonderful reporting!!

I, for one, will sell these high quality ABBACADABRA photos at eBay. I'm talking ABBACADABRA posters, T-shirt, mugs, keychains . . . You know how hard it is to sneak even one picture of ABBACADABRA while they are in concert? 4, count them 4 super clear ABBACADABRA photos, wow Trainman-2, you are a rebel and a genius. Thank you so much.

Put me down for a couple of T-shirts:D

I was on Oasis in March and feel like I missed so much. Going on Allure in April so maybe I can catch up. Keep up the great review and have a wonderful rest of your week.

Stacie

In case you missed Trainman's Live from Allure thread (January 23-30, 2011), here it is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343766&highlight=allure+trainman2

I'd also recommend checking out Radio's Live Allure thread as well (May 22, 2011): http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1416763&highlight=allure+radio. Both are excellent, as always! ;)

Thanks for your wonderful post. It's fun cruise with you. We will be on the Oasis on Jan 21 with you.

Did you see if there were any Beaches in Falmouth close by to take the kids? Or Taxi's to take us there, we don't spend a long time but it would be nice to take a dip.

Thanks

Sorry but we have canceled our Jan 21 Oasis cruise and rescheduled on the Allure, 15 Jan 2012. We will be cruising with Rev again.

On the shore end of the Falmouth Shopping district is a Yellow Building. That is the central clearing house for taxis, buses, and excursions. I am sure you can set something up there.

Archived