Internet on boar ship

Need-A-Vacay

Packages are available... per minute is $.75...

From Carnival:

Activation fee - a one-time $3.95 charge applies to each user on their first login only.

Time Plans – offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans are transferable between Internet Café terminals and personal laptops/ wireless devices, can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation and don’t have to be used in a single session. No refund will be awarded for unused minutes. Upgrading a pre-selected pricing option is not available and plans are subject to change.

Longer Cruises (6 days and longer)

• 250 minutes for $100.00

• 100 minutes for $55.00

• Pay As You Go: $0.75/min

Shorter Cruises (5 days and shorter)

• 60 minutes for $24.00

• 30 minutes for $16.50

Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic (all itineraries)

• 480 minutes for $159 – complimentary laptop rental included

• 240 minutes for $89 – complimentary laptop rental included

• 120 minutes for $59

• 45 minutes for $29

Printing – available in the Internet Café at $0.50/page

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466#q-543512

:)

I thought I read somewhere that you could use the ship computers to check the onboard forum on the carnival web site free of charge. Is this correct???

Yes, you can but you need to establish an account to post. Also, just like here, it's not private and anyone can see what you're posting.

Here's a link to the Carnival Funville forums that are available for free from the ships:

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/

:)

And.. if you sign up the first night, they usually have a special that includes Free 20 minutes, or similar offer.

During the week, they have in the past offered some other specials as well... use 10 minutes of your plan, get ten free.. etc.

Catrin

I found internet cafes in port for as little as $1.00 an HOUR. One dolla! I didnt use an hour but was nice to be able to shoot my daughter a note on Facebook. And once she happened to be online so I got to chat for a few minutes in real time. ( she was 11 and was the first time Id been away from her for a week. Mom was missing her! lol) And it was a fast connection. Found the cafes in Progresso and Costa Maya although Im sure theyre everywhere.

Now her and I are cruising in January!

Archived