Placing a FaceTime call on the Epic.

triphopcooper

If Face Time includes video, no it won't be fast enough. edit: (I looked up Face Time and see that it is a video service, so no luck)

Also, I think that NCL blocks several social networking sites and services such as Skype.

You will have to pay for Internet connection, regardless.

If Face Time includes video, no it won't be fast enough. edit: (I looked up Face Time and see that it is a video service, so no luck)

Also, I think that NCL blocks several social networking sites and services such as Skype.

You will have to pay for Internet connection, regardless.

I expected that I would have to pay for an internet connection (plan) and was really hoping that I could make a FaceTime call back home. Maybe I'll have to look for something while the Epic is docked at the 3 different ports in Italy.

There have been several threads on this topic. Voice over IP and streaming video is not allowed on any of the ships. To much bandwidth. You may find someplace on shore to allow it, but most places don't like it for the same reason, one customer can use up more bandwidth than ten other customers.

Archived