safety rails on upper berths

lilyfrog73

I think you've been beaten to the punch!

One Step Ahead has an inflatable bed rail that is designed for travel:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=537078&parentCategoryId=85184&categoryId=85218

We use Go BedBug bumpers at home for DD. She is a restless sleeper and when we moved her into a bed at age 3, she would roll all over the bed. We still use one of the bumpers, though I have a travel set of 4 short ones.

http://www.gobedbug.com/

I know this is an old post, but I had to chime in. We love that One Step Ahead inflatable travel rail. We bought it for our cruise on the Carnival Legend in March 2010 -- my DD turned 4 on that cruise. She wasn't in an upper, on the convertible sofa instead, but she's a pretty "active" sleeper and still has a bed rail at home.

We're looking at taking another cruise this year, when she'll be six, and I think she'd be OK in an upper. I'll probably still bring along the inflatable rail and use it in conjunction with the built in rail.

This just confirms that I will be sleeping in a bunk bed for our October cruise :o.....We have the two twins and one upper and are traveling with a 2 1/2 year old. The only way I can get a sofa bed is going to the bottom floors (OV) or Balcony. I don't want a balcony as I have a little spidey on my hands and he would want to be out there ALL the time. Not ideal but we will make it work.

Good luck OP...I think you will need it with those two bunks hanging over your bed :eek:

(sorry if this is a double post... having internet issues)

We put our just turned 3 year-old in an upper berth on our last cruise. I wanted to put her on the floor w/ the mattress but the Steward said the berths are designed to keep people in them even during big swells. I was a little unsure but once DD saw the bunk she wanted to go in it.

It depends on your kid as well. DD only was allowed in the bunk for sleeping, no playing, and had to get out as soon as she woke up. She was a very good listener at 3. I actually have more issues with her being in one in our upcoming cruise because she pushes the boundaries now, jumps, etc. I don't fear that she will roll out while sleeping at all. I fear she will fall while horsing around.

Archived