Chef's Table on the Elation

kiwi121210

Having done the Chef's table on several ships now, the food is very very similar. What makes the difference for me is where it is served. Once it was in the galley itself- I did not find that pleasant. It seemed crowded, there is nothing very attractive about a galley, and there is no sound muting- I saw what they were trying to do but I thought it was a bad idea. On the Spirit it was in the disco and was quite pleasant.

When we did the Chef's Table on Freedom a year ago, we had champagne and three appetizers in the galley, with the rest of the meal in the library.

When we did the Chef's Table on Magic this past may, the champagne and appetizers were done in the Piano Bar, with the rest of the meal in the galley. Although it was fun to have a private tour of the galley, it was quite noisy to eat dinner there.

Both times the Executive Chef modified the menu due to my mushroom allergy, which was very much appreciated!

Archived