Port of Miami check-in

stargate fan

We have not sailed from the Port of Miami since the new self-serve kiosks were installed. Can someone please explain the process with the kiosk vs. a live person? What do we need? (We both have passports and the fun passes are already printed.)

Thanks.

I'm not sure if things have changed since May 2010, that is when I used the self serve kiosk in Miami. Anyhow, we scanned our passports & checked in at the machine, then went up to the desk to get our S&S cards.

I'm not sure if things have changed since May 2010, that is when I used the self serve kiosk in Miami. Anyhow, we scanned our passports & checked in at the machine, then went up to the desk to get our S&S cards.

That's it? Sounds easy. Did you find any benefit to using the kiosk?

Yes that is how it was in August when we sailed.

You scan passport first in the top slider. Then you slide CC through the BOTTOM slider... I did not see that and tried and tried until CCL rep showed me the second slider, LOL

I also got our zone # before going to kiosk. A rep was standing near entrance with them.

If you get there early enough and are not VIP look under the seats near entrance next to blue trash cans for VIP boarding passes:D

There are 2 one on each side. Both sides had a pass.

The lines move much quicker when using the kiosks. You swipe the passports, enter in your credit card information, verify everything, and then are given a slip of paper. You take that paper to the area marked Kiosk Check-In (or something like that), give it to the person behind the counter, and then you are given your S&S cards. You then have to wait until your zone number is called before boarding.

Yes that is how it was in August when we sailed.

You scan passport first in the top slider. Then you slide CC through the BOTTOM slider... I did not see that and tried and tried until CCL rep showed me the second slider, LOL

I also got our zone # before going to kiosk. A rep was standing near entrance with them.

If you get there early enough and are not VIP look under the seats near entrance next to blue trash cans for VIP boarding passes:D

There are 2 one on each side. Both sides had a pass.

Are you speaking from experience? ;) We always get to the port early (9:00'ish) because I have to have that Zone 1 card in my hands.

Thanks for the info.

The lines move much quicker when using the kiosks. You swipe the passports, enter in your credit card information, verify everything, and then are given a slip of paper. You take that paper to the area marked Kiosk Check-In (or something like that), give it to the person behind the counter, and then you are given your S&S cards. You then have to wait until your zone number is called before boarding.

Excellent. Thank you.

It is pretty easy to go through, just a little different not talking to an actual person. Have all the same paper work and just follow the on screen instructions on enter the info as requested.

It will have you verify your info, your travel partner info, scan your passports, set up sail and sign account (with a credit card if using one) and then finalize all info for a customer service person behind the counter to proof. I am not sure about the sail and sign if using cash, we used a credit card.

Are you speaking from experience? ;) We always get to the port early (9:00'ish) because I have to have that Zone 1 card in my hands.

Thanks for the info.

Yes.. we just sailed end of August .. I did not get a zone 1 but saw where the folks found them at.

We were zone 4 so no biggie, LOL We got to the port around 10:30.

Make sure you get a zone card. In May we walked in and no one gave us a zone card. We did checkin and everything before we realized most everyone else had one. We went and talked to a supervisor (the people with jackets) and they let us get on with the wedding party that was getting on : )

Make sure you get a zone card. In May we walked in and no one gave us a zone card. We did checkin and everything before we realized most everyone else had one. We went and talked to a supervisor (the people with jackets) and they let us get on with the wedding party that was getting on : )

I had read about getting the zone card first.

That was DH ONLY job when we got to POM, LOL:D

That's the first thing we do as soon as we walk into the port building, even if we have to find a Carnival employee to get them.

In five Carnival cruises we have been in Zone 1 four times. I can't remember what happened with our first cruise in 2000. Did they even have Zone cards back then?

I'm cruising with my mom this time. Today I told her that we are checking out of the hotel early and will be at the port at 9:00. I also told her that this is non-negotiable. I'll do anything else she wants on this cruise, but I am not going to be do anything that might prevent us from getting that Zone 1 card.

where are the kiosk located? I never even saw them.:confused:

Probably would have been faster than the VIP lounge which was slow.

Bill

Right up by the counters, the red ATM-looking machines on the right, here:

1165489275_saqDn-L-1.jpg

They were no trouble but I did need the jacketed person to help me through it :o took about a minute.

That's the first thing we do as soon as we walk into the port building, even if we have to find a Carnival employee to get them.

In five Carnival cruises we have been in Zone 1 four times. I can't remember what happened with our first cruise in 2000. Did they even have Zone cards back then?

I'm cruising with my mom this time. Today I told her that we are checking out of the hotel early and will be at the port at 9:00. I also told her that this is non-negotiable. I'll do anything else she wants on this cruise, but I am not going to be do anything that might prevent us from getting that Zone 1 card.

You get there at 9:00 just to get a zone 1 card? They don't even start boarding until around 11:30 so you would rather wait at the terminal for 2 1/2 hours instead of your hotel? If you left the hotel at 11:30 you wouldn't need a zone number and you could just check in and board.......

You get there at 9:00 just to get a zone 1 card? They don't even start boarding until around 11:30 so you would rather wait at the terminal for 2 1/2 hours instead of your hotel? If you left the hotel at 11:30 you wouldn't need a zone number and you could just check in and board.......

Yup.

I'd rather sit in the port building, watch people, and see the ship through the wall of glass than sit in my hotel room. By the time you've embarked, we've already taken pictures of most of the ship, had our first Kiss on the Lips, and really started our vacation.

So after you check-in via the kiosk, are you just waiting for them to call your zone? Where does the health form come from?

In the terminal picture, above, see the counter area left-center where all the people are clumped around? Those are where the health forms are.

I really don't think you can be given a S&S card without it.

Agree with this, the above picture's timestamp is 11:20AM ET. We were given Zone 13 and it took about 20 minutes or so waiting to actually get on.

Notice how relatively sparse the crowd is? Less than 5 minutes later, it was wall-to-wall, we timed it well.

Archived