Carnival Freedom 8 Day Eastern Caribbean Review 09/10/11 - 09/18/11 LOTS of PICS

-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-•* Bahamas Continued *•-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-

We were soon told to join the group to head towards the busses to Atlantis. We walked down the dock and lined up in front of the “certified hair braiding” building. We waited for a few more minutes and we were on the bus headed to Atlantis "Paradise Island". When we arrived we were given a short tour that lasted about 15 minutes.

DSCF1244.jpg

The inside of Atlantis is just as amazing as the outside. Here's a few random pics.

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

IMAG0349.jpg

IMAG0351.jpg

IMAG0352.jpg

Who did you book this atlantis excursion through? Private, directly through Atlantis, or Through the ship? It seems to be exactly what my Fiancee and I would like to do on our exact same sailing.

We wouldn't mind a little tour and full access to the water park. Was thinking about renting a hotel but I'm not sure I want go through that hassle. I'm willing to pay more to make it easier.

Thanks so much for your review! It has really helped me plan my trip in 12 days!

Question: We are thinking of going to Atlantis and doing the Aquaventure Half Day as you described. When I click on the departure time, it says the duration is 4 hours (12:30-4:30) . However when I look at the description of the excursion, it says you may take the complimentary bus on your own back to the ship which goes every half hour until 5:30, or even take a taxi after that. Did you find this to be true? I don't think I am going to book it if it is from 12:30-4:30! Did you feel like you had enough time? Thanks! :D:D

-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-•* FunTimes *•-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-

I have scanned all of the FunTimes for the Freedom 8 Day Eastern Caribbean and uploaded them into a document sharing site called 4shared.com. Cruise Critic does not allow for attachments of this size to be posted, so this was the only way that I could get them to you. You will have to follow the directions below to open them.

Click on the Fun Times for the specific day that you want, it will bring you my files at 4shared.com. You may have to open a free account. It only takes a couple of minutes.

Then click on Download now (blue box). You will get a message ' Your download link will appear in 21 seconds, Then click on 'Download file now' Then 'open" wait for about 20 seconds for it to download and there you have it.

FunTimes September 10, 2011 Ft Lauderdale

FunTimes_September_10_2011.pdf

FunTimes September 11, 2011 Sea Day

FunTimes_September_11_2011.pdf

FunTimes September 12, 2011 Sea Day

FunTimes_September_12_2011.pdf

FunTimes September 13, 2011 St Thomas

FunTimes_September_13_2011.pdf

Who did you book this atlantis excursion through? Private, directly through Atlantis, or Through the ship? It seems to be exactly what my Fiancee and I would like to do on our exact same sailing.

We wouldn't mind a little tour and full access to the water park. Was thinking about renting a hotel but I'm not sure I want go through that hassle. I'm willing to pay more to make it easier.

Hi Bartleby112,

We booked this excursion through Carnival. We paid $119.99 each and it was very very easy. We didn't have a problem finding them at the dock & we didn't have to hassle with transportation to and from Atlantis. I would highly recommend this excursion in the Bahamas for sure!

Have a blast on your cruise!

Thanks so much for your review! It has really helped me plan my trip in 12 days!

Question: We are thinking of going to Atlantis and doing the Aquaventure Half Day as you described. When I click on the departure time, it says the duration is 4 hours (12:30-4:30) . However when I look at the description of the excursion, it says you may take the complimentary bus on your own back to the ship which goes every half hour until 5:30, or even take a taxi after that. Did you find this to be true? I don't think I am going to book it if it is from 12:30-4:30! Did you feel like you had enough time? Thanks! :D:D

Hi Jetta8300,

The excursion is described as 12:30-4:30 as you mentioned & the last shuttle does leave at 5:30 with shuttles running every 30 min back to the dock area beginning at 3:30. They will not kick you out of the park at 4:30 and you are able to stay as long as your time allows. If you had to be back on the ship at 6:30 and decided to take a taxi back, it is perfectly fine to stay until around 6:00. When we went out to catch our shuttle back, there were probably about 10 taxis for hire sitting there waiting to take people back. So, it's not like you would have to call one to come pick you up.

Did I have enough time? Hmmm well, we did have enough time for a half day excursion. At first, I constantly felt like we weren't going to be able to do everything, but then I realized that I was on vacation and I was just gonna roll with it. If I didn't get to do everything, we will just come back some other time. We did get to see The Dig and enjoyed a lot of the park in the time that we had. I would have loved to spend more time there for sure! I feel like it's 100% worth the experience of being at this place. I can't stress enough that you should take some kind of waterproof watch with you.

Enjoy your trip! :D

-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-•* Drinks *•-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-

For those of you that enjoy draft beer, Carnival now has their own draft beer called "Thirsty Frog". It's pretty good. We got it in the sports bar, but the bartender said that they had it at a few more places around the ship. The only other draft beer that they have is Miller Lite.

As far as the drink of the day...you buy the drink of the day for one price, plus gratuity and then if you bring your cup back for another, the cost is reduced. I personally wanted more cups with the sayings on them and specialty cups like the blowfish and coconut head (which also doubles as a coin bank when you get home...there's a slot for coins at the top_) so we kept buying them at full price. They also had a disco ball cup that I didn't get, but the bartender on the Lido told us that they had them available in the 70's disco. The only other cup that I didn't get was the "whale tail" and I was told that the ship didn't get them for this cruise....bummer. Well, here are some drink pics for ya. The last one is the infamous "painkiller"...YUM! If you are in the caribbean, you have to have at least one painkiller!

DSCF0312.jpg

DSCF0244.jpg

DSCF0342.jpg

2011-09-13180133.jpg

DSCF0657.jpg

Edited by Let'sDoThisCruiseThing

Hi Jetta8300' date='[/color']

The excursion is described as 12:30-4:30 as you mentioned & the last shuttle does leave at 5:30 with shuttles running every 30 min back to the dock area beginning at 3:30. They will not kick you out of the park at 4:30 and you are able to stay as long as your time allows. If you had to be back on the ship at 6:30 and decided to take a taxi back, it is perfectly fine to stay until around 6:00. When we went out to catch our shuttle back, there were probably about 10 taxis for hire sitting there waiting to take people back. So, it's not like you would have to call one to come pick you up.

Did I have enough time? Hmmm well, we did have enough time for a half day excursion. At first, I constantly felt like we weren't going to be able to do everything, but then I realized that I was on vacation and I was just gonna roll with it. If I didn't get to do everything, we will just come back some other time. We did get to see The Dig and enjoyed a lot of the park in the time that we had. I would have loved to spend more time there for sure! I feel like it's 100% worth the experience of being at this place. I can't stress enough that you should take some kind of waterproof watch with you.

Enjoy your trip! :D

Thanks so much! I think we are going to book this then. As long as I get to ride the lazy river I will be extremely happy!!! :D

Atlantis photos were awesome. Was that yellow/lime thingy a Barracuda? We once saw one identical to that snorkeling just wondering.

Also I heard that if you book Comfort Suites across street sometimes a bit cheaper than actual resort yet- complete access to all amenities at the famed Atlantis Resort. Many parents here do that for highschool senior trip.

-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-•* Drinks *•-:¦:-•:*"'"*:•.-:¦:-

For those of you that enjoy draft beer' date=' Carnival now has their own draft beer called "Thirsty Frog". It's pretty good. We got it in the sports bar, but the bartender said that they had it at a few more places around the ship. The only other draft beer that they have is Miller Lite. [/font']

As far as the drink of the day...you buy the drink of the day for one price, plus gratuity and then if you bring your cup back for another, the cost is reduced. I personally wanted more cups with the sayings on them and specialty cups like the blowfish and coconut head (which also doubles as a coin bank when you get home...there's a slot for coins at the top_) so we kept buying them at full price. They also had a disco ball cup that I didn't get, but the bartender on the Lido told us that they had them available in the 70's disco. The only other cup that I didn't get was the "whale tail" and I was told that the ship didn't get them for this cruise....bummer. Well, here are some drink pics for ya. The last one is the infamous "painkiller"...YUM! If you are in the caribbean, you have to have at least one painkiller!

DSCF0312.jpg

DSCF0244.jpg

DSCF0342.jpg

2011-09-13180133.jpg

DSCF0657.jpg

Do you remember what the cost is for the "Thirsty Frog?"

Do you remember what the cost is for the "Thirsty Frog?"

Hi every2years,

The cost of the Thirsty Frog was $12.65 for 2 drafts. We only bought 2 at a time. They also had pitchers available. I have to make a correction on the other draft offered. I stated that it was Miller Lite and it is actually Bud Lite. The Thirsty Frog cost was cheaper than the cost of the Bud Lite drafts.

Have fun on the Freedom in 12 days!!!