Monarch OS. Did your kids like?

skyw

We cruised on Enchantment over last new year and booked a trip on monarch almost immediately after getting home without hesitation. In the same trip this new year we are doing seven nights on Freedom and the four on monarch. If anything I am nervous about going on the bigger ship, maybe too many choices? It was also lovely being on a smaller ship as I think the key staff became more familiar with our son which not only enhanced his trip but made us more relaxed too. Not sure what age your family is though, our son is three.

I was wondering the same thing....we have sailed on the Navigator and the Enchantment before and this coming year we are going on the MOnarch for spring break with the kids. Our boys will be 15 and 17 and are bringing along friends. Both of their friends have never sailed before so I'm sure they will be thrilled just to be cruising and im sure my boys will feel the same....but I still was wondering if they will miss anything from the bigger ships? They really enjoy playing basketball and I know that there is a half court compared to a full court but dont see that being a problem! I do think they might miss the cafe promenade?? they were they often for snacks! ;)

We did Soveriegn of the Seas when our daughters were 14 and 16, They loved it. We sailed in the fall and got a good enough deal that they had their own room. They only went to the 'kids club' once. They said there were too many drunk 19 year olds in there. They best part was watching the look on my DW's face as her 2 daughters paddled out to sea in the kayaks at Coco Cay.

Archived