Best thing to do in Nassau with a 9 yr old & 13 yr old?

kbt4474

We will be in Nassau on Oct. 11th, in port on the Majesty. We are really torn on what to do with our 9 & 13 year old girls. Dolphin encounter, rent a room at the Comfort Suites to be able to go to Atlantis, or day passes at the Sheraton?? Any advice/suggestions are appreciated. We have never cruised with our kids, so we are at a loss on what is best. We will be in port until midnight that day. (naturally, we want the most bang for our buck!). :)

Thanks in advance!

We will be in Nassau on Oct. 11th, in port on the Majesty. We are really torn on what to do with our 9 & 13 year old girls. Dolphin encounter, rent a room at the Comfort Suites to be able to go to Atlantis, or day passes at the Sheraton?? Any advice/suggestions are appreciated. We have never cruised with our kids, so we are at a loss on what is best. We will be in port until midnight that day. (naturally, we want the most bang for our buck!). :)

Thanks in advance!

Really depends on the kids...if they like waterparks I would do the Atlantis, if not, do the dolphins or sea lions and spend the day at Blue Lagoon. I think it depends on what activities they enjoy and how they want to spend their day.

Thanks in advance!

I would not suggest the island tour. We did this with out kids a few yrs ago and they got very bored driving around in a van and looking out the window. I thought I was showing them another culture. LOL THe kids are 11yrs old now and We are going back in Oct on the Fantasy. I was considering the Atlantis booking through CSuites until I saw all the fine print and extra charges. I'm not sure a day at a water park is worth $600. Plus I'm hearing that the Atlantis is in need of general upkeep. So I think we will opt for the Blue Lagoon ! Good luck with your choice !

Thanks for the suggestions! Our girls like to be outdoors, so I am leaning towards the Dolphin Encounter or maybe a day room at the Sheraton. A good friend went to Atlantis over the summer, & told us it was really dirty and in need of repairs. So, I think Atlantis is out. :)

Thanks for the suggestions! Our girls like to be outdoors, so I am leaning towards the Dolphin Encounter or maybe a day room at the Sheraton. A good friend went to Atlantis over the summer, & told us it was really dirty and in need of repairs. So, I think Atlantis is out. :)

I haven't been to Atlantis since last year so it must have gone down hill. We will be there on October 10 and we are doing the Atlantis. I know that there is some repainting and repairs that need to be done on the property but the waterpark area has always been clean and well maintained. If you think they would like that than I would take them to Atlantis. Honestly, I have been there numerous times and nothing has been bad enough that I wouldn't go back...it really isn't there fault that people are slobs and I don't expect them to run around 24/7 to pick up after everyone. Generally we have always found the service to be good and clean...and I am kind of a freak about those things...

If you can swing the expense, DO THE DOLPHIN SWIM AT BLUE LAGOON! We did it a couple years ago with 4 teen girls with special needs who had just graduated high school (all the girls & moms did a cruise together.) It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life!! The staff were wonderful! We booked it independently and had no trouble at all making it to and from with plenty of time - we had a full day in Nassau. If you have less than a full day, I would book it through the ship, just to make sure you get back - the transfer over is about a 30 minute boat ride.

Archived