Has anyone had a problem with the air/sea bookings

Tudorcruisers

Just wondering if anyone has had a problem where they have booked the cruise including the air travel which includes the transfer from the airport to the port and vice versa?

We always book this as we like to be collected at airport and also safely delivered back to the airport at the end of the holiday. Unfortunately on our last holiday we were not on the list to be collected at the airport and also were not collected on the return journey despite a confirmation. Just wondering if this is just bad luck or has anyone else found this problem?

Hi Sue

Yes we had our vouchers okay but turned out when we arrived we weren't on their list!! No-one else from the flight was transferring so we were the only two. Coming home we had a nights hotel stay and a welcome letter was to be there for us advising of collection time and it wasn't there. We rang home to our TA and they got in touch with Celebrity. They then rang us to say we would be collected at 9-15 am in morning. We waited from 9-00 am till 9-45 am and no-one answered on the tel nos we had been given so we got a taxi. We were not very happy but it has been the only time this has happened to us. Would really put me off if I was travelling alone though as I always felt it was the one holiday I could do if anything ever happened to hubby. It is good to know from this post that it hasn't happened to anyone else so I guess we were just unlucky.

A very bad double problem with the cruiseline. In todays world DW and I have decided to double-check everything, and triple check if as important as getting to a port or airport.

Our only problem was late arrival. I had paid extra to book direct or we would have missed the cruise! Even with a direct flight (delayed) we and another couple boarded after most of the dockside facilities were closed, and finished check-in on board.

Hi Sue

Yes we had our vouchers okay but turned out when we arrived we weren't on their list!! No-one else from the flight was transferring so we were the only two. Coming home we had a nights hotel stay and a welcome letter was to be there for us advising of collection time and it wasn't there. We rang home to our TA and they got in touch with Celebrity. They then rang us to say we would be collected at 9-15 am in morning. We waited from 9-00 am till 9-45 am and no-one answered on the tel nos we had been given so we got a taxi. We were not very happy but it has been the only time this has happened to us. Would really put me off if I was travelling alone though as I always felt it was the one holiday I could do if anything ever happened to hubby. It is good to know from this post that it hasn't happened to anyone else so I guess we were just unlucky.

I am sorry about your experience. We have been the only people requiring a transfer and not had a problem so let's just hope that your experience was a one-off blip.

Sue

Hello, newbie here... I see there is an option to use 'ChoiceAir' through Celebrity, to book your airline tix and also your transfers to and from the pier. We live in Seattle and are departing from Miami, so we will have an overnight stay in Miami, so how do I get transfers from my hotel to the pier? Can the ChoiceAir option do all that?

Hello, newbie here... I see there is an option to use 'ChoiceAir' through Celebrity, to book your airline tix and also your transfers to and from the pier. We live in Seattle and are departing from Miami, so we will have an overnight stay in Miami, so how do I get transfers from my hotel to the pier? Can the ChoiceAir option do all that?

Welcome to cruisecritic, newbie. Be very, very cautious and well informed before purchasing airfare and transfers from a cruise line. Make sure you know what is guaranteed and what is not. Read this: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=530322

Welcome to cruisecritic, newbie. Be very, very cautious and well informed before purchasing airfare and transfers from a cruise line. Make sure you know what is guaranteed and what is not. Read this: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=530322

Thanks for the info. We were debating on which way to go with our airfare. We'll stick with making our own arrangements.

Archived