San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

Hi All---It was probably a senior moment, but I could not find this post last weekend and, as a result, did not make it to WC for the get together. How was it?

Hey John,

Sorry you missed THE WC gathering. I should have emailed you personally, but assumed you just weren't able to make it. I'll never assume again! I've really enjoyed our two WC get togethers. Meeting every six months or so, everyone has so much to share since we all cruise so often! And yes, although we're enjoying THE WC coffee thangs, we discussed the fact that if we want to socialize with all you CITY people, we just going to have to make the pilgrimage your way. ;)

What is the date for your & our BEAV's upcoming Symphony New England cruise?

We sail from Montreal on Oct 26. But I just read today on the Crystal board Symphony is having propulsion problems. We've been through "cruise lotto" before with Infinity, so hope they get Symphony repaired before we sail!

Oh darn! I should check in more often... I live in WC and I missed the get together. Here is a kick in the butt to myself (check in more often)

Hope your butts better after that severe blow, icebrat! Letters of reprimand are going out this week to both you and BDJAM. That's two truancies! (not that I'm keeping track or anything...) Yes, keep up with this thread and join the party!

I had a date... ;)

...and it was FUN!

Details....puhleeze! :o

Did anyone else go to the IGLT expo at the Nikko on Wednesday?? Lots of great travel stuff.

We were all set to go, but I pooped out, my 3:30am alarm being the excuse! But then again, Gary and I haven't unpacked the bag with last year's loot yet, so what does that tell you!

Did anyone go last year when it was at the Hyatt Regency? It was during the hotel strike. Talk about an ugly scene!

WOW!!!! has anyone looked out at the Bay today? We saw 4, thats right 4 cruise ships in town, what a sight.

Ed

Too bad it's not that way every day!

Crystal Harmony left around 11:00am for her positioning move to LA.

And I see Infinity is "out to sea" as well as of writing (2:00pm).

I think Summit sails at 6:00pm.

Anyone know now long the NCL ship will be in dry dock?

Did anybody jump on the last minute sailings of the Spirit just announced yesterday? Looks like the 5 day sailing on 10/16 sold out the entire ship in 24 hours. My partner and I were a little reluctant to go on a "straight" cruise, after having such a blast on two Atlantis cruises in the last year, but the price (total for both including all taxes/fees $668 for a balcony cabin deck 9) for this NCL sailing from SF was too good to pass up. Not to mention the incredible convenience of taking a taxi to the ship, rather than an airplane!

We're going, too! And for all the same reasons you stated. We managed to snag a balcony cabin on deck ten.

My better half works a unique, rotating schedule, 4 days on, 6 days off. He gets home on the 15th, the cruise leaves on the 16th, returns on the 21st, and he's due back at work on the 22nd. So it's a perfect fit ;) (his schedule, his schedule).

We've never done gay charters before, so we'll do anything possible to help make your transition to str8 cruises a comfortable one! :D

Glad to know we won't be the only non-straight cruisers aboard! We cruised on Celebrity's Mercury last May from SF to Alaska with my parents. We only spotted one other gay couple on the entire ship, fortunately my parents are very cool and kept us busy.

Anyone looking to share their cabin on the 5 day SF round trip? I have that week off and would LOVE to go but found out too late...:( I am open to any category but need to be with a non-smoker/s. David @ dfreardon@aol.co

I'd love to help you out, but with a cabin of 160 sq feet, I'm afraid I'll be giving my partner the "I need space" look! :eek:

Hopefully something will turn up ... think positive!

So BEAV . . . .between Oct 15th and Nov 13th - you will be on a ship 26 nights - 3 different ships - 3 different ports of embarkation - 2 countries of embarkation

I say this truly makes you the CRUISE DIVA that we all knew you are . . . . or is it CRUISE DOWAGER EMPRESS . . . .after all, we aren't as young as we used to be!!!!!

LYMI

So BEAV . . . .between Oct 15th and Nov 13th - you will be on a ship 26 nights - 3 different ships - 3 different ports of embarkation - 2 countries of embarkation

I say this truly makes you the CRUISE DIVA that we all knew you are . . . . or is it CRUISE DOWAGER EMPRESS . . . .after all, we aren't as young as we used to be!!!!!

LYMI

Wrong. Only 22 nights, not 26. So I guess I lose out on all those titles you've bestowed upon me.

BEAV--DESTCRZ is right! You deserve all the titles and I'm sure you will wear them in the spirit that would make Hycanith proud! I suspect that Hycanith will be on the phone with her son to tell him that she knows you!! Do you remember the show whereby she brought out her QEII BRAW-SHURES to impress whomever! OK, OK, Bob and I are also jealous and wish we could be with you! Enjoy, enjoy!!!

BEAV--DESTCRZ is right! You deserve all the titles and I'm sure you will wear them in the spirit that would make Hycanith proud! I suspect that Hycanith will be on the phone with her son to tell him that she knows you!! Do you remember the show whereby she brought out her QEII BRAW-SHURES to impress whomever! OK, OK, Bob and I are also jealous and wish we could be with you! Enjoy, enjoy!!!

JohnM - Way off topic here......tried to email you earlier this morning, but it bounced. Do me a favor and send me an email and I'll reply!

And stop agreeing with DESTCRZ !!!!

Just booked a cabin on the Oct 16 five day SF roundtrip and am looking for a non smoking cabin mate.

Congrats. I was able to secure a cabin earlier today as well for some other friends of ours. Space was scarce over the weekend, but some cabins are popping open today.

We've never booked a cruise so close to departure before. Should be fun!

Why all the fuss over a cruise to Ensenada & Catalina?

Richard and I wouldn't be caught DEAD on sailings to such dreadful postal codes.....

It's QE2 for us or nothing.

Images, I tell you, images.

I do hope Tarquin doesn't persuade my dear Sheridan to book on this ridiculous little cruise with all you other boys.....

Hyacinth-Bouquet.jpg

Why all the fuss over a cruise to Ensenada & Catalina?

Richard and I wouldn't be caught DEAD on sailings to such dreadful postal codes.....

It's QE2 for us or nothing.

Images, I tell you, images.

I do hope Tarquin doesn't persuade my dear Sheridan to book on this ridiculous little cruise with all you other boys.....

Hyacinth-Bouquet.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

The cast will include:

Judge Judy

Dr Phil (for the mental cases)

Hyacinth and Ricahrd (in disguise as Sheridan booked with his "friend" and she is spying on him)(has no idea that Onslow and Daisy are in a suite)

Operah, running a used book stahl on the lido deck (profits go right into her pocket)

Ellen will be recruiting (has an extra cabin full of toasters)

And all of the wonderful SF cruisers that make this board fun as well as informative.

Unfortunately the cast will NOT include Jeff and I as we are just back from a jaunt in europe and will be swamped with house guests.

Have a great time and keep us posted.

Ed/Jeff

Unfortunately the cast will NOT include Jeff and I as we are just back from a jaunt in europe and will be swamped with house guests.

Spoken like a TRUE Hyacinth! :D

Sorry you're unable to join. Hopefully, the SF contingent will be aboard en masse and the ship will be full of Hyacinths! (wonder what it would be like for Hyacinth to appear in Judge Judy's courtroom?)