Black pearl party cruise??? Anyone...

Scrapperjill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Firstly, check out their website (how me and my wife found them and booked) - http://www.barbadosblackpearl-jollyroger1.com/

Secondly, me and my wife Anna did this in September whilst stopping off in Barbados and i have to say it was amazing! From the minute we stepped on board it was great fun, good music and the drinks were flowing. Lunch was great and swimming with the turtles was incredible. I would highly recommend them over the other boat tours and catamarans. Its pretty much the same price but come on, a pirate ship with a plank and rope swing versus a catamaran? Jolly Roger any day of the week!

Firstly, check out their website (how me and my wife found them and booked) - http://www.barbadosblackpearl-jollyroger1.com/

Secondly, me and my wife Anna did this in September whilst stopping off in Barbados and i have to say it was amazing! From the minute we stepped on board it was great fun, good music and the drinks were flowing. Lunch was great and swimming with the turtles was incredible. I would highly recommend them over the other boat tours and catamarans. Its pretty much the same price but come on, a pirate ship with a plank and rope swing versus a catamaran? Jolly Roger any day of the week!

Thanks. :) Ya I found them surfing the net... looked at their sight n 'liked' them on FB... just wanted to see what others had to say about the experience.. it dose look like a ton of fun. Was the jolly roger crowded? Some of the pics makes it look like it could be. And the turtle part was the water deep??

Hey Scrapperjill, well on the day we did the tour there was about 50-60 people. They say the boat can hold 300! I agree with you though, i dont think i would like it to be THAT crowded. When we swam with the turtles it was about 15ft deep, clear enough to see the bottom and a good 20ft around you. Saw some amazing fish and when they start feeding the turtles they just flock to the boat, it was crazy and exciting at the same time, i just wish i had bought my own underwater camera to get more pics myself.

I will have to check out their facebook page as the photographer on the boat said they end up there :)

From another thread:

We took the bus to Paynes Beach for a dollar, grabbed beach loungers and umbrella for 15 dollars, waited for the tours to arrive. Each time we snorkeled out to the "turtle" area to swim with them. Swam out a couple times. The tours would come and go, and we would enjoy the turtles, then head back to the beach to chill. Finally took the bus back, for a dollar. Was a great day with no particular schedule.

Looked like the funnest ship was jolly roger pirate ship. They stayed longer, had good music, could walk the plank, had nice covered area to provide shade, looked the most comfortable.

Hey Scrapperjill, well on the day we did the tour there was about 50-60 people. They say the boat can hold 300! I agree with you though, i dont think i would like it to be THAT crowded. When we swam with the turtles it was about 15ft deep, clear enough to see the bottom and a good 20ft around you. Saw some amazing fish and when they start feeding the turtles they just flock to the boat, it was crazy and exciting at the same time, i just wish i had bought my own underwater camera to get more pics myself.

I will have to check out their facebook page as the photographer on the boat said they end up there :)

:eek: HOLY CHEESE!!!! 300 wow... Ya don't think I'd like that. Check out their Facebook page... They put picks up all the time... Looks like from each tour. Looks to b a ton of fun.

We are debating between them and the thriller speed boat. From their pics the turtle portion is in chest deep water (depending on how tall ya are). Which I kind of like the idea of the shallower water. Idk. I did stingray city in grand cayman n loved how we could stand there with the rays all around.

When our ship is in port I believe it's the only one that day... With that in mind I bet the jolly rodger wouldn't get to max capacity of 300. :).

Choices to make... N just DAYS to decide.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Scrapperjill, sorry for the late response, work has been keeping me busy!

From what i remember the water is about 10-15ft deep. There were two small (bit bigger than a dinner plate) rays at the bottom too.

I would say the Jolly Roger over a speedboat for sure! I don't think they fill up 300 every cruise but it was still a great atmosphere.

Archived