Diamond Princess ~ Room C632

A&G

TA is holiding room C632 for us while we make up our mind on the cruise. Can anybody tell us please if this room would be quiet. From deck plan it appears that the room is near some elevators, anybody experience elevator motor noise in staterooms near elevators on Diamond Princess. Also appears as though there are just staterooms on decks below and above us, is this correct. We had a room once above the enterntainemnt theatre and that was noisy. Anybody got any photos of a C class balcony room on Diamond please, you can't tell much from the the little enhanced drawing on the Princess web site.

Thanks

Alan

I had C614 on the Diamond's sister ship the Sapphire and didn't experience any noise at all. C632 is a little farther back but I wouldn't expect any additional noise compared to C614. You are correct in that there are staterooms above and below so you won't get any extra noise from a night club or anything like that.

I have pictures of C 614 and they can be accessed by clicking the link below in my cruise history.

James,

Thank you for your reply. I think you have answered all my questions. I looked at all you photos, great. Took note of the room photos. The room looks nice and about the same size as the ships we have sailed in the past except for the balcony. The balcony looks huge. That will be great.

Alan

Hi Alan

We stayed in c632.the cabin is exactly the same as the photos above except the layout which is the opposite way round bed on the right as you enter the room.This was the best cabin we have ever had,the balcony was huge.You will love it.

Have a great cruise.

Christine

Christine,

How good is this BB. Ask a question and there will be somebody with the exact answer. Thank you for your reply, it certainly has made a big plus in our decision making as to whether we will take this cruise or not.

The cruise is the Sydney/Auckland one in February next year and it seems to be filling fast. The only downside is the cost. Cruises out of Australia are expensive compared with America. Indeed for the past couple of years we have been flying to America and cruising for the same price as just a cruise out of Australia. We think we may feel cheated that we did not get an American holiday as well as a cruise. I guess it is all to do with competition or lack of it in Australia, although things are starting to happen down here and there certainly are a few more mega ships sailing into our harbour these days.

I must admit that a half our drive from home to the ship for embarkation has great appeal over the usual thirty hour plane trip. Even the three our flight home from Auckland would be nothing compared to what we have been doing of late. Our last cruise was this last Februay, Legend of the Seas, full Panama canal transit.

What was your Diamond cruise? Do you have any photos of C632. I don't mind posting our email address here if you do.

Thanks again

Alan

Christine,

Just a couple more questions please. We have read several reports about vibration on Diamond, especially in cabins towards the rear. Can you please coment on the level of vibration in C632. Also we read a report that said the showers in the cabin a small and these people showered every day in the steam room......what the!!!!. Any comment on the shower size please. BTW, we are just normal sized people.:confused:

Thanks

Alan:)

Hi Alan

Im sorry but we have no photos of the cabin as we only took our camcorder with us.But as i said the room is identical to the photos above except the layout was the opposite.Even the colour scheme was the same.As for vibration we didnt get any in that cabin but others had commented on the cabins further along towards the back they apparently did vibrate and was worse the nearer the back you were.Luckily we escaped that.We also heard lots of comments on the shower size,we were concerned as well because hubby is 6ft 1". I can tell you for sure he had no problems having a shower.It was definately no smaller than any of the ships weve sailed on.

Christine

Christine,

Thanks for the info. Looks like our TA here in Sydney has done the right thing by us once again when you take into consideration balcony size, vibration and good location. I think he has chosen the correct state room for us. He has not got it wrong yet on any of our cruises.

Well today was decision time. The TA could not hold the room any longer without payment of a deposit so we told him to go ahead. Looks like we are off cruising once again.

Cheers

Alan

Jean,

Yes, it is the 25th Feb sailing out of Sydney. I am born and bred in Sydney and Glenys, my wife was born in Christchurch NZ. She still has some family in ChCh (as the locals call it) and as it turns out Diamond will be in ChCh on her birthday.

Glenys and I have only sailed out of Sydney harbour once before and that was many, many years ago on a bit of a "tub" going to Tasmania. We have gone to the harbour several times to watch the mega ships sailaway and they look so great that we just had to be on one of them. The harbour is beautiful (biased opinion) and looks beautiful on a Saturday night in summer. I am sure you will be most impressed with the sailaway. I think a better option than arriving in Sydeny as cruise ships, the world over, always arrive earlier than scheduled and our observation is that they seem to slip into Sydney harbour about 5 - 6.00am, far too early to get a good look as you come in.

Now that we have made the decision to book the cruise I will go looking for a roll call. Do you know if one has been started? I don't mind starting one but do you think it is a bit early?

Jean, if I can help you with anything, any deatils about Sydney etc then I would be more than happy to assist...just ask.

Happy cruisin'

Alan & Glenys

We do have a thread started on the Princess Roll Call board. There are a few of us posting but we often fall quite a few pages back. Here's the link to the page (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=97663&page=1&pp=25). I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions as we get closer. How exciting to be in Christchurch for your wife's birthday.

My husband and I are planning a four-day prestay in Sydney, but if airfare doesn't come down we may be forced to use Princess' air and cut it to a three-day stay. See you on the Roll Call thread . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived