Did I miss something?!?!?

VAMommy

Hi everyone! :)

Thanks to everyone on here for informing us "newbies" about Early Saver and how to go about getting an OBC for the difference. But I have a question...

First, here's what happened: we booked our cabin for $709 (just the cabin rate, not including taxes, etc.). I noticed a few weeks ago that the same cabin is now going for $669. I immediately took a screen shot, filled out the Claim Form and hit 'submit'.

I anxiously waited....and waited...and waited some more. After 2 weeks, I got an email informing me of my balance due...not an email letting me know the Claim was approved.

When I compared the "new" balance to what my spreadsheet said, there was, in fact, a $80 difference ($40 each for me and my sister).

My question is - on the form, I selected that I wanted the credit to be in the form of an OBC. This didn't happen. Instead, they took it off the balance of what we owed. Did I miss something in the fine print?

Is that normal? We don't cruise until 2013, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!!!

Archived