Blue Grotto to Anacapri - best way?

account4fun

We are thinking about doing a 3 hour boat tour with Gianni in capri and then would like to see the island - starting the farthest out. I read in Rick Steve's book that there is a dock and stairs near the blue grotto that take you up to a bus stop to go to anacapri.

Has anyone done this? How often are the buses and are they usually packad at that point? Any taxis around?

I'm thinking it makes sense for Gianni to drop us of there and start in anacapri (and the chairlift) as opposed to going all the way back to Marina Grande and working our way back up.

Any thoughts?

How crowded the bus is will depend on the time of year, but this line will not be anywhere near as crowded as the buses from Marina Grande or from Capri to Anacapri.

They run fairly frequently and you can see the schedule here: http://www.capritourism.com/imgg/download/Bus_G_Azzurra_Faro_orario_estivo.pdf

Sorry I meant to include that we will be there in June. My mother is extremely claustrophobic (sp) so I'm concerned about the crowding and pushing on the buses and am trying to plan around the issue if possible. ideally a cab would be better but I'm not sure if there are many that go by without passengers..???

I wasn't clear - I meant have the taxi wait for you at the Blue Grotto to take you back. You shouldn't have a problem getting one at Marina Grande when you arrive.

Nope it's definitely me that's not being clear :o Gianni is picking us up at marina grande after we get off the ferry. We will then do a 3 hour island tour with him. Since I want to go to anacapri after our tour I though having gianni drop us off near the blue grotto where we can catch a bus (or taxi) to anacapri quicker then going back to marina grande. Maybe there are other spots to catch a bus or cab but I've only read about the one near the blue grotto.

I wasn't clear - I meant have the taxi wait for you at the Blue Grotto to take you back. You shouldn't have a problem getting one at Marina Grande when you arrive.

Nope it's definitely me that's not being clear :o Gianni is picking us up at marina grande after we get off the ferry. We will then do a 3 hour island tour with him. Since I want to go to anacapri after our tour I though having gianni drop us off near the blue grotto where we can catch a bus (or taxi) to anacapri quicker then going back to marina grande. Maybe there are other spots to catch a bus or cab but I've only read about the one near the blue grotto.

Archived