Need More People for Captain Your Own Boat Excursion!

ash&geoff

Hello everyone! We're going to be in Belize on 12/14/11 and we want to book the Captain your Own Boat excursion. Problem is we need just 2 more people to book before we can. So, just throwing it out there in case someone is looking for something to do and it sounds interesting :D

Hello everyone! We're going to be in Belize on 12/14/11 and we want to book the Captain your Own Boat excursion. Problem is we need just 2 more people to book before we can. So, just throwing it out there in case someone is looking for something to do and it sounds interesting :D

See if there is a roll call for your sailing...you might get somebody interested there!

My wife and I did CYOB excursion Dec 2009 and had a great time.

Here's a link to my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1101184&page=2

We're going to be in Belize 12/14/11 on Norwegian Star and have been waiting for others to sign up so we could book ourselves.

Let me know if you still want to do the excursion and I'll contact Mark at Coral Breeze.

Ted

Mark e-mailed me hahahaa. They moved the tour time up to 10 AM, which is 11 AM our ship time, but we should still be able to fit it in because the tour is 4 hours 15 minutes long and that brings our ship time to 3:15. We pull out at 5, which means they'll want us back on the ship by 4 or 4:30. So I think we should be good. I'm really excited about this tour, I can't wait!!

The original CYOB start time was 9:00 but he moved it up an hour to accommodate our ship Norwegian Stars port time of 8-5.

Belize is a tender port and the cruise companies usually take those who booked excursions through them first.

Mark has always gone above & beyond to make things work if possible.

What ship are you coming in on ash&geoff ?

I'm coming in on the Carnival Glory. We're also there 8 - 5 but that's ship time which is an hour ahead of Belize time. Mark said he can't accomodate our itinerary time, so we can't go on the excursion. That kind of backfired on me LOL.

No, we're not booked because Mark said it doesn't fit in our timeframe. We do arrive the same time as you, but NCL uses local time instead of ship time. So our ship time is actually 1 hour ahead of the times that Coral Breeze is using. Even so, I thought we would be able to do it but Mark says no.

Which now means that you should have trouble booking as well because now you are the only two, unless you have more people that you reserved.

Out of 9 cruises this will be our first Norwegian. On Royal and Carnival ships we always stayed on EST. I'm really sorry it didn't work out ash&geoff. We had a blast on that excursion in 2009. Is your 2nd choice cave tubing?

Well, our deposit was refunded. I'm really not sure why our port times won't allow for a 4.5hr excursion but these operators are very good with knowing what works. An interesting thing, Mark said a passanger from Glory wasn't happy about the switch to 10:00 so Coral Breeze was going back to the original 9:00 start.

Maybe you can get in on it ash&geoff ???? I highly recommend it if you can!

I'm really unclear as to what the time issue is. On Wed Dec 16 2009 we went to Belize on Carnival Glory from 8:00-5:00 and did Captain your own boat with a meeting time of 9:30. Even had time for a couple local brews and chips at the Wet Lizard afterwords.

Don't know what we'll do now. We did Cave tubing there a few years ago and it was OK but I definetly wouldn't do it again.

Yes, he told me he switched it back because someone who had reserved had friends on another ship. I'm not sure why they're saying the tour times don't fit either, it doesn't make sense!! If ur in port for 8 hours, even if you only get 6 hours off the ship, that well fits within the time frame.

The cave tubing was fun, but only need to do it once for sure.

Been doing a little research about daylight savings time/time zones etc and am still confused about why you're not able to do this excursion ash&geoff.

On the date of our cruise:

Carnival Glory ship time upon arrival is 8:00

Belize time would be 7:00am

CYOB excursion meeting time is 9:00 Belize time

That would give you 2 hours to tender in which should work

Our ship, NCL Star adjusts the clocks onboard to reflect Belize time so if our ship time is 8:00 upon arrival (matching Island time). Only having one hour to tender in would make it impossible for us to make the 9:00 meeting time

Archived