Nativeway vs. CaptMarvin's Photo Prices?

notsolost

Hi everyone!

I have a quick question as I am debating between the two companies.

I've read on previous posts (years ago!) that they both have a photographer on board for the Stingray interaction, but I'd like to know their recent prices - if anyone knows? If you know for the year 2010, that's fine too, but I'd like to know for 2011.

I'd also like to know how many pictures are in the burned CD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

We just got back from an excursion with Nativeways. No photo offers available to us - we booked directly with Nativeways, not sure if that made a difference?. The tour guides (andrew and andrew) took pictures for us as much as we wanted. There were only 13 of us on the excursion, so the other passengers and myself all took pics for each other.

Definately would recommend nativeways.

Thank you soooo much for your replies, jdoc2010, PSkinner, and cruizer1001!

Ruth from Captain Marvin's told me they charge $47 for about 15 photos.

Sharon from Nativeway has yet to respond.

Either way, I appreciate your responses. I'm leaning towards Captain Marvin's. Although they are $5 more to do the Stingray interaction + island tour and I have to walk to their office, I like that Ruth is very personable and quick - judging from emails anyway :) Plus, I'll be alone doing the excursion so I'd need other folks to take pictures for me, haha.

Thank you again!

EDIT: Just realized Nativeway makes a stop at the Tortuga Rum Factory whereas Captain Marvin's does not. They, however, make a stop at Old Homestead instead. Decisions, decisions!

Thanks, cruisetoscrap! So was that $70 total, or $50 total for the pictures? How many pictures are on the disc?

Hope you had a blast!

It was just $50 of all the ones that he took of your family, maybe 5-10 pics for us. I don't think it's the same amount for everyone. They do a petting shot, a kissing the ray shot and a back rub shot for everyone so it would be at least 3. I didn't buy it so I can't tell you about the quality of the image and that stuff but, he did a fair job from what he showed me.

Ah, that makes sense. I imagine since I'll be alone, photographers won't really care to photograph me, but I'm hoping for a lot of pictures; I can't always ask the folks on the tour to keep taking my pictures :P

Thank you again for your feedback.

Archived