Lost World Canopy Tour in Belize worth the money?

OneNewTexan

Next March we are taking a 7-night voyage on the Mariner of the Seas and are wondering about one of the shore excursions offered through RCCL. In Belize, there is a zip line excursion called the Lost World Canopy Tour and it will cost our family of five about $500 to go on this tour. It can only be booked throught the cruise line. That's a big chunk of money for a single family tour. To those of you who have taken this tour, is it worth the money? Is it thrilling? We noted that the minimum age is only 8 years old so we were also thinking that the zip line trips might be a bit tame for older teens and adults. Any thoughts you have on this tour would be welcome. If you are aware of a better tour in Belize that we should consider for our family, we would welcome your ideas. Thanks.

Next March we are taking a 7-night voyage on the Mariner of the Seas and are wondering about one of the shore excursions offered through RCCL. In Belize, there is a zip line excursion called the Lost World Canopy Tour and it will cost our family of five about $500 to go on this tour. It can only be booked throught the cruise line. That's a big chunk of money for a single family tour. To those of you who have taken this tour, is it worth the money? Is it thrilling? We noted that the minimum age is only 8 years old so we were also thinking that the zip line trips might be a bit tame for older teens and adults. Any thoughts you have on this tour would be welcome. If you are aware of a better tour in Belize that we should consider for our family, we would welcome your ideas. Thanks.

If you are looking for thrilling may I suggest Raiders of the Lost Mayan Caves - it is much more adventurous and I believe costs the same as Lost World Canopy (which is OK, but not as exciting as Raiders of the Lost Mayan Caves). Frankly, I would not pay $125 for Lost World Canopy - you can do ziplining in Belize for about $50-$60 per person through private company and it will be similar to Lost World Canopy (minus 2 repels).

If you want to see what Lost World Canopy looks like, you can google it and several youtube videos come up. Also, if you search Belize port thread, you can find multiple reviews to compare.

we did a zip line excursion in Belize and my teenage son absolutely loved it. It was through a private company and cheaper than RCI. I don't think i'm allowed to post the name of the company, but if you go to the Belize boards, you will find it quickly. It comes highly recommended and cruise critic is how i found out about it!

Archived