Laundry on Freedom?

Sunshine101

Hi folks!

We're sailing on Oct 9th on the Freedom. I've never really paid attention to the laundry costs on prior cruises, but since we're travelling with the kidlets this time around, I might need to use it. Anyone have an idea on the cost? And how does it work, do we just leave it on our room in the laundry bag and the room attendant takes it? Do they return same day?

Appreciate the help! :)

There is usually a "wash & fold" special during the week (only one day) and you can send everything you can get into the bag for about $25.00. It takes 1-2 days to get it back. I'm thinking we sent it out on Wednesday morning and got it back on Friday.

Whenever we have laundry, either the bag special or anything else, we just put the laundry in the bags provided (if you don't have one hanging in your closet, ask the steward for one), fill out the form and just leave it on your bed and the steward will take care of it for you. Usually, when we have used the laundry service it is returned the next day. It seems that there are some services that are 1 day, like pressing.

My husband and I hate ironing, so when we cruise we take his clean dress shirts unpressed and on the first morning of the cruise we send them to be pressed. They are returned later that day beautifully pressed and on hangers, It sure makes packing easier when we don't have to worry about wrinkling his shirts.

Archived