AC on the Sun - Pull Out Bed OK for Two Adults?

francescurrit

Hi there, everyone -

My sister and her husband are thinking of joining my husband and myself on our upcoming trip on the Norwegian Sun. We've booked a category AC, which is a Penthouse suite. My question is, does anyone know if the pull-out bed in the main cabin room is big/comfy enough for two adults? We're hoping so, but would love to hear from anyone who's been there.

Thanks!

Frances

Big enough - yes but they better like each other. It is a true double bed sleeper sofa.

Comfy - Have you ever slept on a comfy sofa bed. But the price to add two is comfy.

Consider the cheapest inside for them as an option. You can all enjoy the suite and still have your own space. The sea does funny things to people :eek:

Well, they're newlyweds, so hopefully they still like each other! ;)

Unfortunately, they're on a shoestring budget, and even getting them an inside room is more than they'd like to do. They're not the tallest people in the world (sorry, Sis!), so we're hoping that the pull-out bed works out.

Thanks for the info!

Frances

Well, they're newlyweds, so hopefully they still like each other! ;)

Unfortunately, they're on a shoestring budget, and even getting them an inside room is more than they'd like to do. They're not the tallest people in the world (sorry, Sis!), so we're hoping that the pull-out bed works out.

Thanks for the info!

Frances

My Son is 6'3' and slept on the sofa bed.

A great plan for a tight budget

I would have to agree and say no. Even the size of the bed would be an issue because I don't think it is even a "true" double bed. It is very hard and uncomfortable. My small children slept on the sofa bed but when my dh layed down on it his legs hung over the edge - he's 6.2

Also, the AC is a fantastic room but I don't think big enough for two couples to enjoy comfortably. Privacy would be very minimal because the sliding screen door is flimbsy and not much to it. The sitting area is nice but small. You all would be sharing closets and I just think it would be too cozy.

I think it would be fantastic to have another couple go with you on the cruise. We loved having our friends with us. Plenty of couple time, plenty of time for the girls to go out on our own, plenty of time for the four of us.

I think you all would be happier to opt for 2 cabins (any where on the ship) instead of cramming 2 couples in an AC.

Don't give up your AC Suite. I was in one last week. We are a family of 4. It fine for us, but I don't think I'd want to try it with 2 couples. Although the cabin is spacious compared to most, the closet set-up is a bit inefficient. The closet next to the master is hard to get to and difficult to see in. The other closet is great but located right behind the make up area. Everytime I tried to do my hair, my kids were there opening and closing drawers and hitting me in the back. The sofa 'bed' is really uncomfortable, but my boys were fine on it. They are 14 and 11 and both around 5 feet or so. You need to find an inside cabin for your sis. The four of you would really enjoy the balcony though. We had another family of 4 on this trip with us and we loved partying out on the balcony. All 8 of us fit! I slept with the doors open every night listening to the sound of the wake. I had to come home and buy a sound machine! Enjoy the AC, it's a great cabin!

Thank you so much for the information! Anything else you want to share about the AC? Any pictures from your trip? My husband and I are very excited about the room and would love to hear more. Sleeping with the balcony doors open sounds wonderful!

Frances

I just checked out your photos, teltrainer and mrsbooger, and they're wonderful! I'm so excited about the balcony - my husband and I are both readers and one of our most favorite things to do is sit out on the balcony and read whatever books catch our fancy.

Thanks again - I'm so excited!

Frances

I'll be traveling in an AC Suite on the Sun in May with my mother and another girlfriend so I will post pictures, etc. when we get back. For some reason pictures of those suites are hard to come by! The pictures on the posted link above give you a good idea on the size, etc.

The last cruise I went on we had a Penthouse Suite on Holland America and 4 women shared that cabin, but it was 1200 sq. ft.! It really helps when you have a seperate room like the AC, but also another bathroom is a big plus, which unfortunetly the AC does not have.

Archived