It pays to watch fareviewer... (when it works)

Briarhill

Hi, I'm new to cruising, what exactly is fareviewer? Link?

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

Just check it often for the lowest prices. If you have one booked through early saver, and you find it on fareviewer for less, you can get the difference as an obc. But you have to find it, they won't volunteer it for you.

I just started checking my cruise every morning last week, and then it had a $200.00 price drop yesterday.

We received a $60 credit by watching fare viewer! Our cruise isn't till December so keeping our fingers crossed for a little more. :D Unfortunately, fare viewer doesn't seem to be working today. Strange. :confused:

I was just gonna say that, but I thought, perhaps it was just my pc. THEN.......... I thought, maybe the prices dropped really low for my cruise and they don't want me to find out.....lol:)

Sadly, I have a feeling "fare viewer" is on it's way out.:(

First, CCL changed the way the pricing is displayed when there are more than 2 guests in a room (by displaying the per passenger cost as "total cabin cost (not including taxes, pre-paid grats, VPP etc) divided by the number of guests in the room", when really guest 1 and 2 pay one price, and guests 3 and 4 pay a lesser price. This makes it more challenging for ES guests to recognize if their price dropped.....

But then CCL introduced "fare viewer" to the rescue. Great!:)...but...

Now fare viewer often doesn't work. I have the link saved to my computer, but for those who don't, you used to be able to type the word "fareviewer" as all one word in the carnival website search field to bring it up, and now that doesn't even work.

It just seems like CCL is making it harder for ES guests to check for price drops.

I know ES has worked favorably for lots of folks and that's great.

I am just a bit uncertain about booking ES, and as it says in their fine print (scroll to the bottom to see italics in RED):

Early Saver:

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person, based on double occupancy, capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required at the time of booking for all guests to secure confirmed accommodations. Fares are backed by a unique price protection policy. Full names are required for each guest. Offer is valid for new bookings only and is not combinable with any other discounted or promotional offer. Available on sailings 3 months prior to sail date for short cruises (5 days or less) and available on sailings 5 months prior to sail date for long cruises (6 days or longer). Savings are based on Fun Select rates and vary by sailings. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. No name changes are allowed. A $50 service fee will be assessed per person for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to the final payment due date. Cancellation penalties apply. Please refer to the cruise ticket contract for additional terms and conditions. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas & Panama.

Price Protection:

Price protection applies to new Early Saver bookings only and requires payment of a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit. Applies to cruise fare only. Applies only to a Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public and excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates. To submit a Price Protection claim, visit carnival.com/earlysaver. When submitting a rate lock request, you must provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. Requests will be accepted up to two business days prior to sailing. Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) are a Carnival advertised rate (iii) is available for booking at the time the request is reviewed by Carnival's reservation agents. Verified rate difference is issued as an on-board credit. The on-board credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. Rate lock is not combinable with other promotions. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable. Program subject to change at any time without prior notice.

Archived