Victory--weather in January?? 1st time

Harbie

Our family is going on the Victory in January 2012 ** 5 adults and a 4 year old. I have read alot of posts about it being a very hot cruise with even the darkest of skin burning.. being so far in the Southern Carribean. I have only been on one other cruise and that was the Mexican Riviera in October... the mornings on our balcony it was chilly and required bathrobes. Would I be safe to say the Victory cruise weather will be HOT in January and I'd best be packing some SPF?

We were on the Victory in December, not January, but the weather is probably nearly the same. The weather was perfect. Not too hot but hot enough to know you are on vacation. Mornings were not chilly at all. The water was a titch colder than we like but was not bad at all. It's a great time to take that cruise. No matter the time of year though, if you have fair skin, protect it!

last year at that time, we had one day of sprinkles, and the rest was gorgeous weather. temps were in the 80s. definitely take sunscreen.

but also, make sure you take a hoodie or jacket and jeans ... on the decks at night, it was windy and chilly!

The sun is strong in the Southern Caribbean. You need to bring sunscreen as well as jackets or sweaters for evenings on deck. The humidity in the air is chilly at night when the ship is moving, even though the temps are actually comfortable. Days generally in the low to mid 80s in the islands although it can fluctuate lower and higher.

We were on the Victory this past January 16th sailing. Minus a little rain showers in one of ports, but overall the temps were great.

Hey we were on this cruise with you!!!

Yeah it was really nice. I had already been to Barbados so I used that as a hang on my balcony day.

I will say that if you see something you want in St Thomas, buy it. I didn't want to spend all my money in the first port and then at the end I felt it had the best shopping options and I missed out.

Archived