Spa Question

pbutts29

Its been almost 10 years since we have cruised on Serenade. When we boarded and took the tour of the spa, they offered 50% off anything booked on embarkation day. I was wondering if they still did that since I didnt see anything mentioned about that in recent post.

They still run Spa tours on embarkation day, we happened upon it this year. It gives a good overview of the services and the treatment rooms were all nicely appointed. They had 1st day specials, don't think it was 50% off though. There was always some daily special on offer and port day offers as well. I would just keep an eye out for a promotion and time that suits and book, that's what I did, and had back massage/foot/ankle massage ( v much apreciated after 2 long shore days...) and a mini facial al for $99.

• 4 weeks later...
They still run Spa tours on embarkation day, we happened upon it this year. It gives a good overview of the services and the treatment rooms were all nicely appointed. They had 1st day specials, don't think it was 50% off though. There was always some daily special on offer and port day offers as well. I would just keep an eye out for a promotion and time that suits and book, that's what I did, and had back massage/foot/ankle massage ( v much apreciated after 2 long shore days...) and a mini facial al for $99.

Wow thats amazing did you have to book your treatments in advance or on the day you actually went for them?

We are setting some money aside to go to the spa on a port day on our Voyager cruise in Feb, but I don't know if we need to book treatments in advance to get the port day deals or if we have to wait until the day we plan to go.

:( Don't want to miss out on the spa but want to make the most out of the money I have budgeted :)

Wow thats amazing did you have to book your treatments in advance or on the day you actually went for them?

We are setting some money aside to go to the spa on a port day on our Voyager cruise in Feb, but I don't know if we need to book treatments in advance to get the port day deals or if we have to wait until the day we plan to go.

:( Don't want to miss out on the spa but want to make the most out of the money I have budgeted :)

You can't book too far in advance as they are 'specials' that generally are available for one day only...

usually I get back from dinner/shows and look at the compass to see what specials for the next day and if it's something I want, I call and book for next day (I try like a 1pm time so I can still go out in port for a little bit and I never have a problem)

Just off the Jewel last week, and just checked the Day 1 cruise compass. Embarkation day special was $30 off of any "signature treatment" that was booked and received that day.

In looking over their price list, they had regular prices and "port price" listed for most (but not all) treatments. Seemed like port prices were about $20 less than regular. I had a 10% off coupon that I got online (at timetospa.com) beforehand, and I wanted a deep-tissue bamboo massage, but they said my coupon wasn't good for signature treatments. So my mom used the coupon for a regular swedish massage, but I got the bamboo massage on a port day so it was about $20 off anyway. Even with the port price, it was still something like $164 after they auto-added the gratuity. Waaay more than I would have paid at home, but it was also the best massage I've ever gotten and I'd definitely do it again! haha

So it seems there are certain treatments that you can book any time and automatically get the port day price for, as long as your reservation is for a port day. But on top of that, they do have some daily specials which is usually something like "pick any 3" mini treatments (at 20 minutes each) for $99. Actually here is one that was 6 mini treatments in a 75-minute session for $89! Wish I would have done that. haha. And here is a "choose any 3" for $79.

And I just noticed there were *no* spa specials listed in the cruise compass for either of our 2 sea days.

Does RC HAVE to add the gratuity on automatically?

I went for a hot stone massage on Majesty and the girl was HORRIBLE.

worst massage I ever had- I told her during it she was pressing too hard- she didnt think so-she told me that was light pressure for her. I told her I was injured before and I didnt like it deep. She still didnt listen.

I should have gotten up and walked out.

I hurt for a week.

She got a $20 tip from me on the RC auto tip and I didnt think it was worth it. I didnt go back on my Allure cruise- I was boycotting the SPA

thanks to the Majesty girl. I wont go back as long as it is auto tip.

Yes they deserve a tip, but not $20 when its a bad massage.

That's a good question, rosebud. I certainly wasn't asked, it was just automatically tacked on. I think I remember being a little surprised, but then thought to myself I guess I should have known. haha. I just tried looking through all the fine print on the site and in the cruise compass and nothing says "plus gratuity." It does make sense that you should be able to add your own, based on your experience though.

One thing I really wasn't prepared for was, after my massage, them trying to sell me nearly $500 worth of "product" that I "absolutely must use daily" in order to maintain myself, apparently. Again, guess I should have known. I felt a little guilty as I weaseled out of buying anything, and it ever-so-slightly put a dent in my post-massage "bliss bubble." LOL

I have to fly home and won't be able to take any product in my bad due to airline restrictions. Hope they are ok with me saying no

Of course, it's completely to your discretion if you want to buy any of their products at the end. I simply told her, I had to go back to my room and check my finances to see if it was in my budget or not, and that I'd stop back in by the end of the cruise if I decided I could swing it. And then just didn't go back. I mean, yes it all sounded just lovely but the massage itself was already a "splurge" for me. There was no way I could spend another $500.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for posting about RCI's spa services. I have NEVER been to a spa ever, but am going to treat myself during my graduation (UCF!) cruise! I am thinking about the Bamboo massage. My back has so many knots in it from working full time and taking 6 classes, I need a little spa time :rolleyes: What else does RCI offer besides treatments?

Thank you all for posting about RCI's spa services. I have NEVER been to a spa ever, but am going to treat myself during my graduation (UCF!) cruise! I am thinking about the Bamboo massage. My back has so many knots in it from working full time and taking 6 classes, I need a little spa time :rolleyes: What else does RCI offer besides treatments?

outside of the spa?

Wine tastings, Martini clinics! That will take some stress off! Plus lots of fun! ;)

The Specials are adverised daily in the Compass, I always book in advance after I see what I want advertised. The Spa is opened late, I always call from my room to make a booking. Enjoy...

Does RC HAVE to add the gratuity on automatically?

I went for a hot stone massage on Majesty and the girl was HORRIBLE.

worst massage I ever had- I told her during it she was pressing too hard- she didnt think so-she told me that was light pressure for her. I told her I was injured before and I didnt like it deep. She still didnt listen.

I should have gotten up and walked out.

I hurt for a week.

She got a $20 tip from me on the RC auto tip and I didnt think it was worth it. I didnt go back on my Allure cruise- I was boycotting the SPA

thanks to the Majesty girl. I wont go back as long as it is auto tip.

Yes they deserve a tip, but not $20 when its a bad massage.

In relation to the gratutities, they didn't automaticlly add the tips before, but that policy changed 2/3 years ago. I guess, it was because customers weren't tipping. IMO, if you are pleased with the service then a gratuity is merited, but if it isn't a great treatment then it should be left to the customer to decide on tipping ...

Archived