stingrays, dolphins, turtles and beach in Grand Cayman

debandbruce

We are going on the Freedom in November and are thinking about doing the Stingray,Dolphin,Turtles and beach excursion offered through RCI. I have searched all through the ports of call thread and can not find the answers I am looking for so hoping someone on this board could help.

Has anyone done this tour and is what is the difference between the 149.00 tour and the 109.00? I know the one you are in the water with the dolphins but is it worthy of the price difference?

Also seeing we are tendered in GC does the excursion pick you up at the ship or do we tender to shore and then transfer to the excursions boat?

Any information that you have would be greatly appreciated. I know many people have done these tours on their own but we will stick with the ships excursion as it is a lot to do and we are only in port until 4:00 and I am a worrier and would not want to be late returning to the ship. Thanks for you help

We are going on the Freedom in November and are thinking about doing the Stingray,Dolphin,Turtles and beach excursion offered through RCI. I have searched all through the ports of call thread and can not find the answers I am looking for so hoping someone on this board could help.

Has anyone done this tour and is what is the difference between the 149.00 tour and the 109.00? I know the one you are in the water with the dolphins but is it worthy of the price difference?

Also seeing we are tendered in GC does the excursion pick you up at the ship or do we tender to shore and then transfer to the excursions boat?

Any information that you have would be greatly appreciated. I know many people have done these tours on their own but we will stick with the ships excursion as it is a lot to do and we are only in port until 4:00 and I am a worrier and would not want to be late returning to the ship. Thanks for you help

We did the sting ray tour last year , but with Celbrity. We also booked it thrrough the cruise line for much the same reasons you mentioned. Grand Caymen is sometimes missed because of tendering issues. You have to tender to shore and then are transfered to where you meet the boat to go see the sting rays. Lots of fun, but once the sting ray food is gone the sting rays leave to another boat that still has food. So be sure and grab a handful of that octipus before it runs out.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this same excursion last July. The stingrays were a blast and the ships captain is great. he gets into the water with you and takes his time getting you use to being with the stingrays. he will pick them up for you to have pics taken with. The dolphins was a complete waste of time. We spent a half an hour in the water with the dolphins the water is very cold. They take pics but none of the people that worked in the stand could get the pics to show up. So we couldnt buy any of them, which was good because they were very expensive. I would reccomend the stingrays but not the dolphins or the turtles.:)

thanks for the info guys, we booked to do just the stingrays. It sounds like a lot of fun but not as rushed as the other tour. We want to get a little shopping in too so felt doing just the rays would be better. Mr Baseball thanks for saying the dolphin water was cold as I have Fibromyalgia and cold water makes me very sore, do not need that on vacation. I know we will have a blast, we have never been to Grand Cayman so we are really looking forward to it! Thanks again :)

Archived