Celebrity Reflection TA Nov 12

LUCKYSCOT

We are great - leaving Saturday for Rome - getting on the Silhouette Monday for a 12 night Holy Land cruise then continuing on her for the TA. Exhausted from doing laundry and packing and getting the house ready for the cat and dogs and house sitter!

Where in Scotland are you? I was in St Andrews and Edinburgh to visit a friend in University there years ago and then John and I were in Edinburgh for a port of call on the Constellation about 4 years back.

Seems like this cruise is a long way off but it will come up real soon!

Richard

we are near St Andrews (15 miles away) sounds as if you know the area. Hope you have a great Cruise next week- let us know how you get on- this will be our 1st Celebrity cruise so looking forward to the experience - Angus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello Richard and John,

We were on the Eclipse TA and met then. We have booked the Reflection TA (but, unfortunately not the cruise before, which would have been fun ... something called 'work' intervened). Can't wait to see the new ship and what changes have occured. Also can't wait to meet up again and spend a little more time together (as you recall we were with friends on that cruise and were hence 'otherwise engaged'). In the meantime, we are not going to be 'cruiseless'. We have a river cruise booked from Istanbul to Budapest and 3 weeks on Seabourn in the Adriatic, Aegean and Black Seas (honestly, just to avoid the Olympic Games in London!!). All best and we are looking forward to seeing you again. John and Paul

We are barry and Ewan and booked for the TA cruise on reflection also. we are from Glasgow area Scotland. This cruise is a bit away yet but sure looking forward to the lazy sea days.

Barry.

Hello Richard and John,

We were on the Eclipse TA and met then. We have booked the Reflection TA (but, unfortunately not the cruise before, which would have been fun ... something called 'work' intervened). Can't wait to see the new ship and what changes have occured. Also can't wait to meet up again and spend a little more time together (as you recall we were with friends on that cruise and were hence 'otherwise engaged'). In the meantime, we are not going to be 'cruiseless'. We have a river cruise booked from Istanbul to Budapest and 3 weeks on Seabourn in the Adriatic, Aegean and Black Seas (honestly, just to avoid the Olympic Games in London!!). All best and we are looking forward to seeing you again. John and Paul

Hi John and Paul!

Looking forward to seeing you guys again! Isn't it a pain when work interferes with vacations?! Your trips look great - don't feel too sorry for you!!! My business is a bit slow now which allows me to to take more time away and most of John's work is web based so he can work from anywhere there is internet access like on TA's! We are in San Diego this morning waiting to board the Century this afternoon - 15 nights w/ 10 sea days - lots of time for John to work!

See you in November!

Richard

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, can anyone share their experience, as this will be my first westbound transatlantic. Which side of the ship is it better to be on, primarily for the warmth of the sunshine on our balcony , port or starboard side? I appreciate your insights...thanks Fabio:)

Hi guys, can anyone share their experience, as this will be my first westbound transatlantic. Which side of the ship is it better to be on, primarily for the warmth of the sunshine on our balcony , port or starboard side? I appreciate your insights...thanks Fabio:)

Fabio,

Port side will get the most sun as it mostly faces south as we go across the pond!

Richard

Fabio,

Port side will get the most sun as it mostly faces south as we go across the pond!

Richard

Richard, I appreciate your insight, I look forward to meeting everyone!

best

Fabio:)

Richard, I appreciate your insight, I look forward to meeting everyone!

best

Fabio:)

Hi Fabio,

Also looking forward to a great cruise and meeting lots of new people.

I am coming to MIA tomorrow for a business thing and John and I will be traveling through MIA Oct 29th for the trip to Europe to meet up with the Nov 4th Reflection cruise from Venice - maybe we can meet up in on Oct 29 Oct for a pre FOD meeting!

Richard

Hi Fabio,

Also looking forward to a great cruise and meeting lots of new people.

I am coming to MIA tomorrow for a business thing and John and I will be traveling through MIA Oct 29th for the trip to Europe to meet up with the Nov 4th Reflection cruise from Venice - maybe we can meet up in on Oct 29 Oct for a pre FOD meeting!

Richard

hi Richard/John...that sounds perfect...I work on Mondays, but off very early, around 3pm....what is your agenda for that day? Let's coordinate via email, my private email is tvlman2@hotmail.com

thanks Fabio:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all:

My name is Wayne, and I am from Vancouver Island, British Columbia. I will be on the inaugaral TA on Reflection as well. Most recently sailed the

other way in April this year on the Equinox to Rome. Am traveling by myself so would be nice to meet a few of you on board the ship.

I do post on the main board for the Reflection TA as well, but did not know of this thread until today. Hope to hear from my fellow shipmates.

Hello all:

My name is Wayne, and I am from Vancouver Island, British Columbia. I will be on the inaugaral TA on Reflection as well. Most recently sailed the

other way in April this year on the Equinox to Rome. Am traveling by myself so would be nice to meet a few of you on board the ship.

I do post on the main board for the Reflection TA as well, but did not know of this thread until today. Hope to hear from my fellow shipmates.

Hi Wayne, welcome... looking forward to meeting good people on our crossing!

Fabio from Miami:)

Appreciate the welcoming message. Looking forward to the sailing and meeting new friends. I see its your first transatlantic and I am sure you will enjoy it very much. I sailed on the port side over and will be on starboard going back. Either are fine as you will get the sun at different times of the day. It arrived at the port side going eastbound in the mid to late afternoon and so it will be the same going westbound on starboard.

This will be my fourth transatlantic so there is obviously something about the journey that appeals to me, perhaps the many sea days not having to keep to any schedule in particular. Thanks for the reply...bye for now.

Wayne

Appreciate the welcoming message. Looking forward to the sailing and meeting new friends. I see its your first transatlantic and I am sure you will enjoy it very much. I sailed on the port side over and will be on starboard going back. Either are fine as you will get the sun at different times of the day. It arrived at the port side going eastbound in the mid to late afternoon and so it will be the same going westbound on starboard.

This will be my fourth transatlantic so there is obviously something about the journey that appeals to me, perhaps the many sea days not having to keep to any schedule in particular. Thanks for the reply...bye for now.

Wayne

Yes, looking forward very much to this one, actually this is my first "westbound" transatlantic, Ive been on 2 eastbound crossings and I agree with you about the seas days.. my fav days also! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

We will be joining this cruise.

It's refreshing to see so many people on a roll call as our most recent cruises have all been on much smaller ships and the roll calls have not been anywhere near as active.

Although we have been cruising for a number of years this will be our first Trans-Atlantic crossing and with so many sea days we thought it something best experienced on a larger ship. As I'm not good at "relaxing" I'm not sure how I will handle so many sea days and any tips on keeping busy would be greatly appreciated ;-)

We look forward to meeting you all onboard.

D&D

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Joe. I will be on this Reflection TA cruise along with three friends. All of us are from San Diego. This will be my third TA, however, it will be my first Westbound. The FOD get togethers on the TA cruises are my favorite.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

-Joe (along with Cliff, Tom and Jeff)

Hi guys, My partner and I just booked for the Nov. 18 Barcelona to Miami cruise. Other than sailing trips this is our first major cruise, so I need help and recommendations (restaurants; drinks packages; can we get away with just a sports jacket and slacks, etc etc.). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We look forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers,

Allan and Isaac

Archived