Teens in Separate rooms?

DRich2

My understanding is that HAL requires someone at least 18 years old in each room, but I have read posts of others having their kids in a room accross the hall or next to them.

My wife and I are taking our two sixteen year old girls on Zuiderdam and wondered if they could stay in the room next to us so they have a little freedom? We have booked two cabins next to each other but I put one child in each room when I made the reservation. Can I change this or can we just swap after embarkation? I don't want to do anything that will upset HAL.

Thank you.

We were also required to book an adult in each room, but made no secret of the change once on board or even with representatives before the trip! One reason you may want to go to the front desk to change rooms once on board is room keys! You will probably want a key to your own room without your daughter's name and "minor" hole punch!:)

We were relieved to find that the front desk on the Zaandam were happy to accomodate us when we were in the same situation. Not only did they give us new cards, they were happy to provide a key to the kids room for us so we could check in on the little darlings! ;)

It was no problem at all.:cool:

.... Not only did they give us new cards, they were happy to provide a key to the kids room for us so we could check in on the little darlings! ;)

It was no problem at all.:cool:

TOO FUNNY! :p Same with us -- many, many times! Actually, they always seemed HAPPY that we would be checking on "our little darlings"! :rolleyes:

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Archived