Sheraton-Nassau Day Pass---has anyone been here?

monakayk

Going to Nassau on Carnival Destiny with DD mid Dec. Just wondered if anyone has done the Sheraton Hotel Day Pass lately? How do I go about getting the day pass tickets? Online..or in person at the hotel? Also, how much are the day passes? Do they still include the option of using the Wyndham Resort next door too? Is snorkel equipment (free) included in the price of the day pass? Any drinks or food included in the price? What about restrooms/showers....are there some near the pool area?

Any other info would be greatly appreciated. :D

Edited by monakayk

I called the 800 number (800-325-3535) and made a reservation tonight. For a family of 4 it was $109 (no taxes) including gratuities.It would only be $99 for a couple. The room is ours from 7-7 so we will have plenty of time. I hope that helped you out a little!!

I called the 800 number (800-325-3535) and made a reservation tonight. For a family of 4 it was $109 (no taxes) including gratuities.It would only be $99 for a couple. The room is ours from 7-7 so we will have plenty of time. I hope that helped you out a little!!

Actually I was asking about the Day Pass. We do not want to get a room.

I'm not sure if you can use Wyndham too (I didn't ask..) but we are going there in couple weeks and I talked to the hotel & was told it is $25pp for use of facility, towels and snorkeling included but no food/drink. You can't reserve online or ahead of time is what they told me. We plan on eating before get off ship and just taking some snacks for while we are there (however we have a 3yr old so we will prob only spend a few hours there and then go elsewhere). From all the reviews I have read on here it is supposed to be a great place.

I'm not sure if you can use Wyndham too (I didn't ask..) but we are going there in couple weeks and I talked to the hotel & was told it is $25pp for use of facility, towels and snorkeling included but no food/drink. You can't reserve online or ahead of time is what they told me. We plan on eating before get off ship and just taking some snacks for while we are there (however we have a 3yr old so we will prob only spend a few hours there and then go elsewhere). From all the reviews I have read on here it is supposed to be a great place.

Thanks for this info.:D

we spent a very NICE afternoon there last Dec practically had the beach to ourselves.

we just took the #10 jitney to the Sheraton which drops you off across the road from the resort and went to the desk to get our day pass $25pp-you get a wrist band-didnt even venture over to the Wyndham.

we had eaten before we left the ship...had water and a few snacks with us so we didnt need anything else.

hubby snorkled (had his own equipment) and i just relaxed on the lounger and walked the beach...the water was a bit too chilly for me--took a little time to get use to.

just a LOVELY beach day...not to hot, warm with a slight cool breeze!

when it was time to leave we just stood out by the curb in front of the Sheraton and waited for the jitney to come back to take us back over to where we caught it before.

(across from the old straw market-front facing the street)

HOPE you ENJOY your day!

Edited by STARFISH*4

we spent a very NICE afternoon there last Dec practically had the beach to ourselves.

we just took the #10 jitney to the Sheraton which drops you off across the road from the resort and went to the desk to get our day pass $25pp-you get a wrist band-didnt even venture over to the Wyndham.

we had eaten before we left the ship...had water and a few snacks with us so we didnt need anything else.

hubby snorkled (had his own equipment) and i just relaxed on the lounger and walked the beach...the water was a bit too chilly for me--took a little time to get use to.

just a LOVELY beach day...not to hot, warm with a slight cool breeze!

when it was time to leave we just stood out by the curb in front of the Sheraton and waited for the jitney to come back to take us back over to where we caught it before.

(across from the old straw market-front facing the street)

HOPE you ENJOY your day!

Great info! :confused:So do you recall how much the mix drinks or beer prices were? Also, beside a restroom...was there any locker room to change in? Were there lockers to rent? Once more thing....were there umbrellas on the beach to sit under? Don't want to get 'cooked'. Thanks for the info above.

Enjoyed our day there a couple weeks ago. Would do it again as been to Nassau several times and enjoyed clean beach to hang out. Would pay the $25.00 for the day. Would bring snacks again. Cheeseburger and fries at pool restaurant was appx $15.00. Nice people there. Definitely use the #10 jitney. We did take taxi for return as it was raining and I believe it was $15.00. Did not go to Wyndham.

Great info! :confused:So do you recall how much the mix drinks or beer prices were? Also, beside a restroom...was there any locker room to change in? Were there lockers to rent? Once more thing....were there umbrellas on the beach to sit under? Don't want to get 'cooked'. Thanks for the info above.

sorry didnt do the drinks...

you could change in the bathroom in the hotel...i dont remember lockers or locker room...but i wasnt looking

i cant remember about the umbrellas-i am thinking no...it wasnt really sunny sunny so my hat kept alot of sun off of my face and there was a cool breeze.

i dont like the sun to 'cook' me either and it didnt.

sorry didnt do the drinks...

you could change in the bathroom in the hotel...i dont remember lockers or locker room...but i wasnt looking

i cant remember about the umbrellas-i am thinking no...it wasnt really sunny sunny so my hat kept alot of sun off of my face and there was a cool breeze.

i dont like the sun to 'cook' me either and it didnt.

Thanks for this info!:D

Went there in Nov last year. Took my children and grandchildren. The 11 year old was half price 14 y.o. was same as the adults 25.00. I called before but was told just to arrive there and go to frotn desk. It was an easy check in for a day pass. We changed in the bathrooms after we were done, went out front and caught the #10 jitney. Food was good--normal restaurant fare prices. Loved the pools. Something for each of us. 2 mid 30's, 11 y.o, 14 y.o. and 60 y.o Will do this again next Oct when we go.

All of your info is correct. We have been there two years in a row. Indeed it is a great place and I'm sure your family will really like it. Just a thought on your plans for going elsewhere after a while at the Sheraton. I don't know how much time you have in Nassau, but due to travel time, there might not be enough time to venture somewhere else.

After exiting the ship, you have to walk a few blocks just to find the bus stop to get on the public bus system (the jitney) which will take 15 minutes or more. From there, it'll be a 15-20 minute or so ride to get to the Sheraton. Consider spending a few hours at the Sheraton, then you need to wait for the bus in front of the hotel to return to the ship. Last year we hopped on momentarily after leaving the hotel. This year we waited about 25 minutes before one came along. Then the travel time back to the bus stop and finally walking back to the ship.

Taking taxis might be a bit faster, but also more expensive.

The Sheraton is a great beach/pool day and you will almost have the place to yourselves. It's practically empty.

Anyhow . . . just thought you'd like to know so you can plan accordingly.

We were there in September and they did have umbrellas. We easily found one on the beach and later by the pool. Also for the person who asked about changing facilities, I didn't see lockers - but we changed at the pool restroom. While not ideal, the restrooms were clean and we were able to easily change in there.

Hi There....... we were a family of 9 and were just at the Sheraton in Septmeber 2011.....It was still $25.00pp and we had the use of their pools, the beach (of course) beach chairs, unbrellas, snorkle equipment, water tricyle (a lot of fun), the water trampoline, the paddle boats. The bathrooms were very clean and we had an awesome day. I would highly recommend it. Also, the food and drinks were VERY expensive so we went into the hotel and bought a bottle of rum ($15.00) and some coke as well as other mixers and when we went back to the beach, the bar girl (waitress) gave us a box of ice & some cups...... we tipped her for her kindness. So all in all our drink prices were minimal..... Hope you have a wonderful cruise :D... we absolutely did.

So you got to use all that for $25pp? Did you snorkel? Does include a good area to snorkel on their beach? I heard there were jellyfish problems at Coco Cay, so thought I may snorkel while in port in Nassau here. I will be there on a cruise on 10/26. Hope the water is still warm!!!

Edited by Carolina_Girl

Does anyone have experience in this:

How would the water temps be in January? (Pool & Beach)

Thanks in advance! I'm also a cold water chicken :eek:

Water can be cool this time of year. I get in up to my knees, but that's about it.

Sheraton has one heated pool.