4 in balcony cabin on Spirit?

srm2141

This is a BA on a Jewel class ship, but can give you an idea. The blue curtain is covering the sliding door to the balcony. The NCL deck plans will have symbols in the cabins...one designates "up to 4" per the description at the bottom of each deck plan

#3 is a pull out couch....#4 is a drop-down bunk.

Not sure if this is what the Spirit is like

ba-with-turn-down.jpg.7b45b747e461a45a365113b683339370.jpg

Spirit balcony staterooms are small and four would just not fit.

When we cruised with our 16 1/2 year old granddaughters we booked dh and one granddaughter in a balcony and myself and other granddaughter in one of the large insides across the hall. The inside was bigger than the balcony stateroom! The twins shared the inside and we had the balcony and we all had keys to both staterooms. We wanted to do adjoining balcony staterooms but their mom wouldn't go for it. Our method worked just fine.

unless the new balcony cabins have the pull-downs? but regular balconys have a pull-out..some are love seats, some are double couch..or were before the dry dock. (it's in dock dry now). the new balconys were put in a couple of years ago and are larger...otherwise don't even try it. besides, NCL won't let anyone book more the the cabin can sleep. now if we are talking about young kids or infants?

It's 2 teenagers and 2 adults. When I originally tried to book though cruise line, they said it couldn't be done. But then travel agent is saying it isn't a problem and can give us a confirmed reservation for 4 in a balcony cabin. I am a little worried that something is not on the up and up, that is why I wanted to see if others were able to book this way. I definitely don't want any surprises upon embarkation.

The balcony cabins are extremely small on the Spirit. Unless something changes in dry dock, I would suggest one of the large inside cabins, they are just a few dollars more than a regular inside. We stayed in 6535 -- there was a bed that folded up on the side wall and a trundle bed that came out from under the main bed. It was a very large cabin, we were the envy of all our friends staying in balcony cabins. I can not imagine 4 people in a balcony cabin on the Spirit. There is supposedly an even larger inside cabin but I don't recall what thread I saw it on.

With luggage for 4 people,, I can't imagine putting 4 in a balacony room. I would say "NO" way !!!!!!!!!

We were two in a balcony on the Spirit and there is no way I'd even put three people in there. I love the ship but book two rooms unless you want to have a miserable cruise.

It's 2 teenagers and 2 adults. When I originally tried to book though cruise line, they said it couldn't be done. But then travel agent is saying it isn't a problem and can give us a confirmed reservation for 4 in a balcony cabin. I am a little worried that something is not on the up and up, that is why I wanted to see if others were able to book this way. I definitely don't want any surprises upon embarkation.

The Spirit is a unique ship and really not like any other ship in the fleet.

I have been on the Spirit twice. We are also a family of 4. Before the dry dock there were no suites, balconies, or oceanview cabins that allowed 4 in a cabin. I tried everything that I could to do it including the large 225 sq. ft ocean view cabins, 8000 and 8500. My TA was my sister and she tried everything but we were always met with the same response. It was not possible due to the lifeboat occupancy. We always book about 1 year in advance so availability was not the issue.

I have toured every cat. of cabin on that ship and feel like I know it pretty well. Maybe there will be a few cabins that will fit 4 after dry dock. I am curious to hear how your TA is going to pull this off. I would be worried.

By the way, it was my Spirit cruise in 2006 that converted me to book suites. 4 of us in an inside with three lower beds and 1 upper berth was way too much for me. It was an extremely tight space with wall to wall beds. That said, We still had a great cruise but have booked suites or 2 cabins in every cruise since.

I know people do it, but personally that would not be a vacation.

Four people in a room half the size of red roof - maybe even smaller.

You must all go to bed at one time (lights out).

All get up at the same time (lights on).

Try to trip over each other getting the bathroom (one person at a time)

Storage is tight.

Wow - just not worth it Get two insides if you have to.

With all that said, people do it, and manage just fine.

We took our two teenagers on a cruise on the Sky - we tried to get ajoining balcony rooms but the best we could do is a balcony and an inside down the hall. The booking showed my son and I in one room and my wife and daughter in the other - of course we put the kids in the inside and we took the balcony. The room stewards had things figured out on day one but it was no problem. During the boarding process we all got the keys to the rooms we were supposed to be in once on board the front desk simply ask for extra keys for the rooms. We just had to keep the keys that were chargable seperate from the ones that just opened the doors.

Archived