Diving-Roatan-Cruise Legend

tpride3

We will be on the Carnival Legend which includes a stop at

Mahogany Bay,Isla Roatan.We are PADI divers and would like to go on a dive trip while there.My local dive shop takes trips there and talks about the great diving. We will there from 8-3

Any and all info would be great.

We are going on the ship's diving excursion for this stop because the dive schedule for Barefoot, Native Sons and some others didn't seem to fit well with the hours we would be in port. Plus, the ship uses Anthony's Key, that has great reviews and if we like it, we might spend a week there later in the year :)

My DH and DD will be diving with Bananarama in Nov. with a group from our roll call. There are a few of us will be doing their snorkel package while the others dive. You can google their name for the website.:)

Without a doubt, Coconut Tree Divers will treat you like royalty. Gay and PJ run one of the best little operations anywhere. Friendly, efficient and safe. New equipment, well maintained and super divemasters. No rush on the bottom time, either! The biggest hassle is the port itself. If you don't book a tour with a Carnival arranged provider, you HAVE to walk over a hill to where all of the taxi and shuttle drivers are. If you are lugging your equipment, it is a pain. Our driver dropped us right back off at the main entrance afterwards. Carnival owns Mahogany Bay and closely controls which vendors get in to pick you up.

We dove Barefoot a couple of months ago and they were great. We ported at Coxen Hole, which is a lot further away than Mahogany Bay. If you are interested in Barefoot, they can provide you a taxi to pick you up at the pier (for a small fee) and get you back to the ship. Their dive shop is located next to some of the best diving on the island (we dove Johns spot and minagerie). Here is a link to some of my pics.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/580523498ueZCwp

My son and I were new divers, and they were great in working with us, and their facilities are second to none.

There are good dive operators all over the island though, so whoever you wind up going with, I'm sure ya'll will have a blast.

Good luck!!!

I've dived with Bananarama once and Barefoot Divers twice. Both great outfits, but this time I'll be trying Subway Sports. I like to try different operators. I'm hoping that Subway's guides don't use those darned rattles like Barefoot's do. Those are so annoying!

My family is going to use the ship excursions. We are booking scuba with the dolphins..also with Anthony Keys resort (can't book directly with them when on a cruise). Reviews say it's a once in a lifetime experience. We'll do other 2 tanks dives at different ports that don't offer this unique experience. I hear there's a shark dive there somewhere too. Good luck!:)

Archived