Catamaran snorkel trip

RumpunchGirl

I've bee searching for companies that have 1/2 day snorkeling trips in Curacao. The only one I found was Bounty Adventures. They leave at 10 am and return at 2:30 pm. We are in port (ship time which I believe is EST) 8am until 4 pm. But I think that local time would be 9 am until 5 pm. The tour leaves at 10 am local time and returns at 2:30 pm. I have been emailing with them and the said that at 2:30 we would be taken by small boat back to shore and then we would still have to make our way to port. They adviced me that we might not have enough time. So, any other ideas out there?

Thanks,

Teri

Hey Teri - I was looking into that excursion too. I thought I'd read somewhere that they would pick up and drop off at the ship. Maybe if we have enough from our sailing they would accomodate it. I JUST sent them an email today :).

w8ing2cruz,

I've sent them a few emails trying to figure out if we could make it. Yesterday, they sent me and email saying we might not make it back. Their pickup is just outside the port is 9:15 am. I have a feeling we'll be docked long before our set debarkation time. Sometimes they let you off the ship early. But if we have to wait to get off at all, will we make it to the pickup point? The actual tour leaves at 10 am local time. I don't think it is very far so maybe a taxi would be a better option? Then on the way back we would be able to head straight for the port, no other drop offs,

ect. Do we need to be back on the ship 1/2 hr. before it leaves or a whole hour before?

Need to be back 1/2 hour before sailing so in this case all aboard is 3:30. It just seems to me that their tour 10 - 2:30, 4 1/2 hours should fit into our total time in port, 7 1/2 hours. Our group is having a pre-cruise planning party Oct 29th so after that I'll know if this is the choice for the day and will contact him again. This does look like a great tour though. You mentioned something about ship time vs island time - I will need to get a handle on this before our meeting for all our ports. :)

w8ing2cruz,

You mentioned something about ship time vs island time - I will need to get a handle on this before our meeting for all our ports.

Curacao time in Feb. is an hour earlier than our ship time (EST). So we're in port, local time (AST), 9 am until 5 pm. So if the tour ends at 2:30 local time, we have unil 4 or 4:30 (local time) to be back. It seems like a lot of time. I'm just a little nervous about the 'unknown' events that can happen. DH and I are talking with our travel companions this weekend about booking. I'll let you know! :confused:

• 2 months later...
I have been trying to contact them, we wil be there in Feb., what is the e-mail address that you used to contact them. Please send it to my e-mail stewagra5@aol.com. Thank you:cool:

We just returned from our Caribbean cruise and took the 1/2 day Bounty Adventures snorkel trip. I contacted them via their website and they replied promptly. Even though it rained for most of our time there, it was still a fun trip. I'll answer any questions if you have them. Here is the address.

http://www.bountyadventures.com/

I am having a problem with e-mailing them my credit cd number, did you have to do that before you went on the tour. I guess it is safe. Sorry to hear that it rained. Did a taxi take you to a Maxim's Rest. to pick up the boat?

Archived