Belize Snorkeling in March

SuzyQ214

Who has recently been snorkeling in Belize?

I may be going on a cruise next March that has Belize as a port of call. Here are my questions:

1. How is the water temperature? Is it too chilly for someone who is cold natured?

2. Did you snorkel through a shore excursion or on your own?

3. What is Belize like when you get off the ship? Are there vendors there that will take you snorkeling?

Thanks!

Suzy - I was there in Feb. The water was very warm. We went with the Coral Breeze trip. We booked ours from their netsite. They also had plenty of room the day we were there for walk-ups. There are several vendors as soon as you get off the tendors. We throughly enjoyed our time in Belize. I hope you do too! I got to snorkel with the rays! Yes!

Thanks for the info. I looked at the site and saw the pictures of the sharks. Did you snorkel with the sharks? I might be able to deal with the rays, but I'm afraid I'd have a heart attack if I saw those sharks!

Yes, the sharks were around. They are "nurse" sharks. They told us they don't bite. They didn't. I wasn't a bit afraid of them. They are not all that big either. It was the most awesome snorkeling experience I have had. The sting rays were amazing. They rub against your legs like cats. Someday we want to return to Caye Caulker to just sit on the beach. :)

I totally agree. Coral Breeze is an excellent outfit. We had a great time. The water temp in March is probably around 80. Very refreshing as the air temp is in the upper 80's to low 90's. The sharks are not a problem. They are attracted to the feeding of the rays but stay away because of the people in the water.

Archived