Santiago, Chile

vcareatti

Beware of rip off artists posing as medical students asking for money. Their ploy is that they need money for tuition, which is very high, with little goverment assistance. They are going to be pediatricians, brain surgeons, etc. The catch is that they are all over the city and I finally wised up and asked for "studente identificacion" and they fled like roaches when the lights come on.

• 1 month later...

We were approached on the footpath adjacent to the Santa Lucia Hill in the city. Same money for education story. We got seperated and both got attention from different people. I resisted the overture but my partner gave some money to get rid of the woman.

Later that day we approached the same point from within the park and the two young people that had approached us were sitting chatting with an older man. They seemed a bit worried when they saw us so we greeted them like long lost friends. Just a little pay back.

Chris

Archived