Advice-Clue Natale Bay, Palmetto Bay Beach Resort, or Turqoise Bay Beach?

123happy

We're seeking a relaxing beach day. Roatan Shore Excursions has three options for $25/per person (transportation from port, lounge chairs, umbrellas, showers, toilets). I'm seeking insight on which to choose.

Me too, me too!! We are thinking about doing one of these resorts over the West Bay beaches -- any thoughts anybody?

I would only be able to go off the reviews from Turquoise Bay and Club Natale, my guess is you can find those reviews yourself. :)

As far as Palmetto Bay.. I have walked past their bit of beach and through the resort many times. What is it you seek to know about this place?

I can only speak for myself but having searced and read all i can find about these other beaches i guess i am just tossed up about where to go. We are looking for good food and drinks in a fairly secluded setting. Just cant figure out if we will be missing out if we dont go to West Bay.

What do you believe you will be missing by not going to West Bay?

West Bay is not the place to go it you seek a fairly secluded setting.

If all you seek is sand and food..about any beach would do. Why belabor which one... throw a dart..it matters not.

Maybe I am still not understanding.

Perhaps you need a private tour, instead of choosing one beach choose three and go see them all..this way you have missed out of nothing.

Well i am going to the Carribean for the first time ever, at a fairly hefty price i might add - so why not belabor my choices in the ports? I had been enjoying my planning and had been searching for just the right beach when i ran across a post about some other Roatan beaches. Not much info here about them so i thought i would ask...someone on my rollcall thought it would be a good question over here.

My apologizes, if I offend you, I did not mean to.

What does "just the right beach" mean to you?

My personal preference is the leeward side of the island, partly cause I am a sand snob but mostly cause the water is calmer so the reef is not as much of a challenge to snorkel. This is not to say there are not spots on the wind ward side of the island to snorkle... I just have not ventured to them.

In your last post you said you were only looking for sand and food...about any resort can do that...there must be something else involved in your choice.

Any resort you choose that is NOT on West Bay Beach will have far fewer people, West Bay is the premiere beach on the island and for very good reason. Think any postcard or image you have ever seen of the Caribbean and that is West Bay Beach.

There is only one other beach on the island that I know of that even comes close to West Bay and at this point has not so much as a potty on it much less food or resort. The only people I have ever seen out there are raking the sand.

I can tell you I will be very curious to see what you do end up doing and if you enjoyed it.

By the by ~ if you have never been to the Caribbean, anything on Roatan is going to blow your socks off. I have been to more than one island and I can tell you Roatan is the only one I have ever gone back to.... I have been doing that for eleven years for up to three months at a time.

Thanks Guest - no offense at all, it has just been difficult to find info about Roatan's other beaches and your "blow your socks off" comment has made my day -- just can't wait!! It sounds like if the West End is the "quintessential" beach then that will probably do just fine (LOL) - I'm sure there's a reason everyone flocks there :D

Just to throw one more iron in the fire... Camp Bay has been getting alot of attention these days... they say the beach is very nice and the snorkeling good. There is a new local owned accommodation and food option on the water, could be fun. I was down that way on a scooter about 10 years ago... man talk about quiet.

The problem is distance and time available..I am not at all sure it could be done on cruise ship hours...perhaps a search with Camp Bay as your key words would turn something up.

I may have to take some time out of my next visit and see what all the hub bub us about.

By the by ~ I truly believe West Bay Beach should not be missed. Even if one just walks from one end to the other.

Archived