transatlantic cruise dates

Hi can anyone tell me when the east bound transatlantic 2013 dates will be out looking to book a bb on the liberty she showing her last sail date as 22nd april 2013 and we were hoping to sail home from the states

thanks in advance

Dave:)

Hi can anyone tell me when the east bound transatlantic 2013 dates will be out looking to book a bb on the liberty she showing her last sail date as 22nd april 2013 and we were hoping to sail home from the states

thanks in advance

Dave:)

They will usually release those around April 2012.

This year they had dates on the calendar by March but we could not book for May 2012 until late April. Very frustrating to see it there but have to check daily to see when bookings opened up. Later figured it might have had to do with details for pre-TA drydock stop so other TAs might have been able to have been booked sooner after the schedule was set.

We have our transatlantics booked thru the end of 2012 but I sure would like to know when the calendar will be up for 2013.

I am also not going to book so fast this time as new itineraries were added that I would have preferred (and dates)

Who would not prefer Villefranche over Toulon, France :(

I missed it by booking too fast!!!

We have our transatlantics booked thru the end of 2012 but I sure would like to know when the calendar will be up for 2013.

Like wise hence the post, we like to book as soon as they come out to get the best price. We have always done the west bound but as we are on the liberty this oct and next oct we want to do the east bound and tie it in with something else. Looks like we will have to wait

Thanks for the replies

Dave

Like wise hence the post, we like to book as soon as they come out to get the best price. We have always done the west bound but as we are on the liberty this oct and next oct we want to do the east bound and tie it in with something else. Looks like we will have to wait

Thanks for the replies

Dave

And you can tie your flights together - ie get a multi leg return for both cruises (for the long haul part anyway). Much cheaper. We are also on the Liberty in October and will be using the return portion of our flights from April this year.

We booked Adventure for April 2012 on 23 March this year - that was within a day or two of release. So I would start watching around mid March 2012. Just watch the threads here - someone is bound to post as soon as they see they are available. :D

See you onboard Liberty. :)

• 1 month later...

I noticed that bookings were made for the November 2012 TA to Galveston in April,which is 19 months out. We are now 18 months out from May 2013. Why the difference of time in posting the Spring TA's? If they wait until March or April, that is only 13-14 months out.It seems they would make them available now to give the same 1 1/2 year time frame. Just sayin :confused:.

I noticed that bookings were made for the November 2012 TA to Galveston in April,which is 19 months out. We are now 18 months out from May 2013. Why the difference of time in posting the Spring TA's? If they wait until March or April, that is only 13-14 months out.It seems they would make them available now to give the same 1 1/2 year time frame. Just sayin :confused:.

They have to plan the Europe itineraries first. Before they know if a ship is coming over to Europe for the summer of 2013, they do not know if any particular ship will even do a transatlantic.

They've been doing it this way for years and it seems to be successful for them so I wouldn't expect them to change. For many people it seems that over a year prior to the cruise date is more than sufficient. In these times of rapidly changing conditions, political and economic, setting itineraries too far in advance is fraught with peril and almost guarantees that changes will be necessary, changes that may create problems for many travelers.

Our TA was some 17 months out and it ended up being the largest Roll Call they ever had. There were around 70 + children ages 2 to 12/13. I suspect had we left from Rome or Venice, we wouldn't have had that many children. Of our intire starting Roll Call 2 cancelled due to a death in the family, 1 having surgery, three had surgery yet kept their reservations yet for every cancelation, we picked up 3-6 more so never really lost ground. One lady shattered her elbow a month out and still went with a cast.

They have to plan the Europe itineraries first. Before they know if a ship is coming over to Europe for the summer of 2013, they do not know if any particular ship will even do a transatlantic.

During a recent TA cruise, the captain said the port piers are booked 2 - 3 years in advance, so there must be some other reasons for start selling the cruise 12 -15 months in adance. May be they have not decided which ship yet. ( But my last TA cruise was booked April 2010, and done Nov 2011 )

Archived