Zaandam

KaPo99

We just booked the Zaandam for April 15, 2012 from Kobe Japan to Vancouver, Canada. Could anyone provide updated information on this ship, such as when was the last time it was refurbished, service, etc.

Also, has anyone done this itinerary before? Any hints, suggestions will be much appreciated.

thank you.

We just booked the Zaandam for April 15, 2012 from Kobe Japan to Vancouver, Canada. Could anyone provide updated information on this ship, such as when was the last time it was refurbished, service, etc.

Also, has anyone done this itinerary before? Any hints, suggestions will be much appreciated.

thank you.

I was on her last April, I had no concerns with the ship, but I understand that one or two persons did.

Be aware that unless the policy has changed, when you put your clocks forward it will be at 2.00 PM. I have let HAL know of my personal feelings

regarding this issue.

john

thank you.

This video should provide you with some of the info from our Volendam trip in May

Video highlights of the Volendam Northern Explorer cruise from Kobe,Japan to Vancouver,Canada via Busan, South Korea, Vladivostok & Petropavlosk,Russia, Kodiak Island & Sitka (via Inside Passage) Alaska May 2-17, 2011.

Now - would someone kindly answer the OP's question on the Zaandam:)

The OP asked about the itinerary and that was responded to.

As to the Zaandam, I was on her a couple of weeks ago and reported then that she needs some refurbishing, but still in good shape. Not sure when she gets a refit, possibly prior to the OP's cruise.

Archived