Pre Cruise Hotel in Miami?

souxiequzy

We're staying at the Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral. They had a package that allowed us to leave a parked car for the duration of the cruise.

I know they offer both services (shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise terminal) and I'm sure you could combine them with a nights stay.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Here's their info:

3655 NW 82nd Avenue

Miami Florida 33166 USA

Tel: (305) 718 8292

I have a LaQuinta question....I have booked there and I understand its kind of in the middle of nowhere. Thanks ok, just need a place to sleep. Is the Bennigans that is near by as terrible as Ive heard...and if we decided to just order in...what are the choices? Pizza Hut? Things like that?

Plus, if we wanted to run to a drugfstore for some last minute things, anyone know how far away the nearest one is? Thanks!

By the way, I got AAA rate in Jan of $121.00. Free shuttles, and free breakfasT.....best deal Ive found so far!

we are staying at the Homewood Suites Miami Airport West got it online for 100.85 per night includes tax, pre and post, will pick up from airport and there is a shuttle in the morning to port $12 pp will have to take a taxi back after cruise, but wi fi, breakfast, shuttle to grocery store AND resturant night before cruise. The reviews were pretty good so thought we would give it a try.

We stayed at that LaQuinta in Jan. and it was just fine for the 1 night we were staying there before our cruise. And Bennigan's I thought had pretty good food. We ate there for lunch and then ordered pizza for supper. I thought their pizza was really good(better then pizza hut).

We used their shuttle which is a coach bus. When you check-in you need to also sign up for the shuttle service.

we are staying at the Homewood Suites Miami Airport West got it online for 100.85 per night includes tax, pre and post, will pick up from airport and there is a shuttle in the morning to port $12 pp will have to take a taxi back after cruise, but wi fi, breakfast, shuttle to grocery store AND resturant night before cruise. The reviews were pretty good so thought we would give it a try.

Sounds good. I checked in out but for Jan the rate was 199.00. Ugh! lol I did book LaQuinta but always on the lookout for something better! :p

We stayed at that LaQuinta in Jan. and it was just fine for the 1 night we were staying there before our cruise. And Bennigan's I thought had pretty good food. We ate there for lunch and then ordered pizza for supper. I thought their pizza was really good(better then pizza hut).

We used their shuttle which is a coach bus. When you check-in you need to also sign up for the shuttle service.

ty Wanda. We will be arriving there around 5 so we just really need dinner and a place to sleep. Ive looked at the Bennigans menu and it looks good but some people are saying its terrible. Im happy with a burger though, maybe they were just picky! :p

Back in January, we stayed at the Miami Airport Marriott. We booked a pre-cruise package for $139 + tax.

The package included breakfast for 2 and shuttle for 2 to the cruise terminal. They also have an airport shuttle. We had 3 people in our room. The 3rd person paid $11 for the shuttle to the cruise terminal.

We enjoyed this hotel, plus I received bonus Marriott Rewards points because of the package I booked.

we ate at benningans last march, i thought the find was ok. about the same as a tgif or applebees. drinks were good. service was a little slow, but it wasn't like we were in hurry to go some place. we are booked again 2012 there, so i'm sure w ill eat there again

Last June we stayed at The Tides, this was for work and the place is pricey about $350 per night( that was with a deal). Some couples we met there were going a cruise and they did say they had shuttles arranged for free by the hotel. The place is amazing, more then you would expect for the price.

2 Summers ago we stayed at the Grand Beach Hotel which was very reasonable. We payed $160 per night. Only real complaint was that the pools were always crowded.

We booked the Days Inn Miami Airport North. They had a Snooze & Cruise package for $97 that includes transfer from airport, transfer to port, continental breakfast, and 2 drink vouchers for their bar.

You may want to rethink your choice after reading some of these reviews???

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34443-d87080-Reviews-Days_Inn_Miami_Airport_North-Miami_Springs_Florida.html

I have stayed at the LQ a few times and it is ok especially for the price. The shuttle can get booked early so make sure you put your name on the list when you check in.

Bennigens food was ok but the place was very dirty. The embassy is right next door and they do have an in house rest. that is pretty good but pricey. We stayed at the Embassy in May and the Happy Hour and Bkfst is the Best with made to order omletes so if you can add in the shuttle fee and not go much higher than the LQ it would be worth it imo.

There are convience stores within a mile walk but the streets are pretty busy so you would want to do it before dark.

As far as the bus back to the hotel from cruise port, my guess is if you go to where they drop you off at the beginning of the cruise, at the end of your cruise, between 10:15-10:30 AM, I am guessing you might be able to catch the bus going back to the hotel to pick up the 11 AM people. Just a thought.

We booked the Hilton at the FFL airport in January for $70 per night - that included the taxes. I was worried about transportation to the miami cruise port but found one that will pick us up and bring us back to the airport after the cruise for $13 each way per person from Fort Lauderdale. It pays to shop around early. and you dont have to fly in to Miami - you can also do Fort Lauderdale. They have some nice hotels there too.

Archived