Mariner Cabin 8318 on Hump? Bump?

I'm staying next door right now - I'm actually in the internet room now... so I hopped up to see which room is 8318... where the balcony of 8318 and 8320 meet - is exactly the middle of the hump. When I get home I can send you pictures of my room... to be honest I was REALLY disappointed... and actually prefer my Promenade cabin from last year. One good note - even though the elevators are right there, there is NO noise.

Oh Wow, I wish I was there right now too!!!! Hope you have a wonderful cruise and take lots of photo's of your cabin and balcony.

Have a great time and email me with photo's when you return. We go June 26th.

Thanks a lots.

Marcy

Forgot to tell you, love you user name. Myself and my friend going on this cruise with me make hand poured candles.

Have fun and maybe you can check out your next door neighbors for a look at our cabin. HAha!!!:D

Can't wait to here from you again. Take lots of pictures!!!:)

And Thanks in advance for check things out for us.

Marcy

You know, I don't think I enjoyed this year as much as I did the one last year. And I can't even tell you why. Maybe because I didn't come back as rested as I did last year? It did help me make one decision though - I will probably NEVER sail on the Freedom... WAY too many people!

I loved the itinerary, so much more so than the eastern. For us the stops were so much more fun than St Thomas and St Maarten.

I don't tend to do reviews, but if you have any questions about the ship, I'll be more than happy to answer them!

We have a balcony room reserved for our April 2006 cruise on the Navigator. I was thinking about changing to a promenade room to save money. I was curious what you liked better about the promenade cabin? Thanks.

For my first cruise I had a balcony... and absolutely loved it. Then I tried a PR cabin, and I thought (at the time) it was JUST okay... so this time I HAD to have a balcony. My first impression of the balcony room was "wow, this isn't much bigger than the PR cabin". Last year I actually spent more time people watching from my window seat than I spent on my balcony this year.

I didn't much like the location of the PR cabin - it was mid ship... a long walk to either elevator, so the location of this years cabin (mid hump) was wonderful!

We were in cabin 7318 (center hump) on the Mariner last month. The location was perfect in relation to elevators and the areas we seemed to spend the most time at. However, to be perfectly honest, I visited my aunt's oceanview cabin on deck 2, and it didn't seem any smaller and was obviously a lot cheaper. The balcony was nice, but I don't know that we'd do another one (unless we got another great deal of course). We spent very little time out there and there was only one night out of the 7 that we could actually leave the door open while we slept as when it was windy, there was such a racket you had to keep the door closed. We aren't ones for spending much time in the cabin so it was kind of a waste.

One thing I did love about the balcony though is getting up early enough to be standing out there w/a cup of coffee as we entered each one of the ports.

I think we'll go back to an oceanview and save some $$ on the next cruise, whenever that might be.

Cathy

Thanks for you reply

Just wondering if the cabin had a fridg, and about the storage for you clothes etc.

Also on the balcony due to the hump curve shape, just wondering about the balcony size and how many lounge chairs if any.

Just anything about the cabin and balcony description. Also after you check you photo's please post pictures of cabin if you find you had any.

Thank you so much in advance for you time and trouble.

Marcy

there was a fridge, just a small dorm sized one tho. It has some sodas and candy in it which our host just told me to put in the cabinet over the tv.

I found the clothing storage to be in adequate, I guess, after reading these boards, I was expecting MORE space than the PR cabin had... and it appeared to be about the same. Maybe the E1 had a bit more drawer space (at the desk), but it still wasn't even enough room for my daughters clothing. The closet has a bunch of shelves tucked into one end, and a hanging rack. Not bad as far as closets go. AND the suitcases ALL fit under the bed.

I've been trying to attach a photo, but it doesn't appear to be working. I can try again from home, or if you want, I can email you pictures.

Does it matter where on the hump your cabin is located :confused: I have booked 1324 on the Adventure, and a friend of mine is convinced I won't be able to see the "front" of the ship because the hump will be in the way......any thoughts on this? I thought the cabin location was perfect.......?

I couldn't pull up the graphic of the Adventure, but I could look at Explorer, and if 1324 is in the same place... I agree with your friend. But from what I just experienced, why does looking at the front of the ship matter? I usually found myself looking down at the water or out at the horizon.

I couldn't pull up the graphic of the Adventure, but I could look at Explorer, and if 1324 is in the same place... I agree with your friend. But from what I just experienced, why does looking at the front of the ship matter? I usually found myself looking down at the water or out at the horizon.

The front of the ship didn't matter to me at all, it was my friend that was suggesting the cabin's location wasn't the greatest :( I know from my time on CC that the "hump" cabins are always sold out and/or in constant demand, so when I was able to book the ONLY GS on the hump I was very excited!

Marcy, where in Middle Tennessee are you from? I lived in Jackson for 11 years and married a guy from Friendship, Tennessee. Hung around Alamo and Bells TN and went to College in Memphis.

Came back home to Kansas City back in 1986.....but, I sure miss Tennessee!!

You know, I don't think I enjoyed this year as much as I did the one last year. And I can't even tell you why. Maybe because I didn't come back as rested as I did last year? It did help me make one decision though - I will probably NEVER sail on the Freedom... WAY too many people!

I loved the itinerary, so much more so than the eastern. For us the stops were so much more fun than St Thomas and St Maarten.

I don't tend to do reviews, but if you have any questions about the ship, I'll be more than happy to answer them!

Ok, this is making me nervous. I keep hearing that same comment about the Western Caribbean being so much better than the Eastern Caribbean. I wanted to try the Eastern b/c I have already been on the Western....but, I don't want to waste my money if it's really that bad!! Can you explain why you didnt like Eastern that much?

Ok, this is making me nervous. I keep hearing that same comment about the Western Caribbean being so much better than the Eastern Caribbean. I wanted to try the Eastern b/c I have already been on the Western....but, I don't want to waste my money if it's really that bad!! Can you explain why you didnt like Eastern that much?

I prefer Eastern over Western, but the BEST is the Southern, IMHO!

As for the Hump, well we love it. We booked a JR Suite two years in a row on Deck 9 AOS - 9318. It is dead-center on the hump - love it!

You can view some pictures in my albums by clicking the link below.

To us, both the Eastern and Western have their good points. I've done the Eastern two times now, and might possibly go that route again next year. To me it's all about what you do at each stop. We have found excursions that we absolutely LOVE at MOST stops, so which itinerary we do doesn't really matter.

Add me to the TN list! I used to live in Nashville!

Archived