Accra Beach

yyzken

it is a very gentle slope. 50 ft out it is about 3 ft deep and it wasn't more than 6 ft until about 70-100 yards out. Very safe. I had an incredible snorkeling experience on the breakwater reef about 200 yards out (water about 10-12 ft inside the reef and 12-15 outside the reef, 3ft over the top of the reef). it was absolutely COVERED in fish. However, i have seen others report that it was only so-so. If you are a strong swimmer, it might be worth checking out.

It would be a mighty long walk back to port, but it could be done. I am thinking it would take an hour or more. We were there 2 and a half years ago and I think the taxi was something like $18 to the beach. On the way back we had the taxi drop us downtown for some shopping and then we walked from downtown back to the port in 20 minutes. Hope this helps.

Has anyone been to this beach? Does it have a gentle slope, or a quick drop-off?

Also, is it possible to walk to this beach from the ship dock?

thanks

Ken

I love this beach so much I'm going back this winter. I went by a taxi and paid $15 pp after I was returned to the ship. The day I was there the water was rougher than any picture I've seen. I learned a little about body surfing and still had a blast.

Another name for this place is Rockley beach.

Lisa:)

Archived