converters on the crown???

darkangel_55

I am going to Bermuda on the crown 4/24 - 5/1. Am I going to need a converter for the ship? I am going to bring a small power strip with me for extra outlets...If the room (8015) is already 110, does anyone know if the outlet is a 2 or a 3 prong?

Someone:confused: ....anyone:confused: ....(bump)

I am leaving on the 24th and have no idea if my camera is going to charge, or if my curling iron and blow dryer are going to work (I know...there is one in the room, if I use that it would probably take me about an hour to dry my hair!)

Anyway, any info about it would be GREAT!

Thanks!! :D

The Crown has only one outlet - I have never seen the receptacle type before - nothing would fit into it - It is 110 volt - I inquired at the information desk and they gave me a receptacle converter - just a little plug that fits the one in your room and then allows you to plug a 2 prong polarized plug into it - we had brought just a small three receptacle plug with us and it worked fine giving us 3 outlets instead of the one.

The Crown has only one outlet - I have never seen the receptacle type before - nothing would fit into it - It is 110 volt - I inquired at the information desk and they gave me a receptacle converter - just a little plug that fits the one in your room and then allows you to plug a 2 prong polarized plug into it - we had brought just a small three receptacle plug with us and it worked fine giving us 3 outlets instead of the one.

Thanks for this info..We'll be on the "Crown's" Panama Canal/South America cruise Nov 5.... Would you mind answering a few Questions for me..

Have plugs that fit into most European outlets, do you think these will do..

Also have very short/thin hair that dries in 5 min..Will the Cabin Hairdryer work for me..Would like to bring a curling Iron & no Dryer if the cabin dryer will do...

Have not tried the Free-style dining in 3 years,because it was a disaster for us, but have heard it has improved considerably & we're trying it again...We usually go for late seating, but do not want to miss the shows..Do you think we will have a long wait if we try to eat at 7:30, as our DH's hate to stand in Line..I've read that some ships now have beepers, does the "Crown" have them also...

Any info you could give on the "Crown" will be really appreciated...Thanks & Happy Cruising..

These plug outlets did not appear to be capable of accepting European plugs - I believe the information desk has outlet converters for several different types of plugs to include the normal american and european plugs. I think the ships hairdryer will work for you - may be a liitle slow - I have fairly long hair and it worked for me. We usually went to dinner around 6:30 and never had a problem - we would usually be finished around 7:30 - I don't remember there being much of a line at this time most nights. There were no beepers on the Crown when we did our South American cruise in January. I have a long 5 or 6 part review of our trip posted on the South American destination boards -

Thank you Smooth Sailing for the answers to my Questions about the "Crown" & pointing our your review to me..I was able to pull it up & hope you don't mind; I printed parts of it for the other couple going with us on this trip from Miami to Santiago via the Canal..

We were on the Amsterdam from Valparaiso to Santiago in Dec. 2003 & experienced some of the same things you did...It's so much fun to go back over our cruises..Agrree with you , we were so glad we took warm clothes along..Even wore my silk underware & happy that we had warm Hat's & Gloves..Took a wool scarf for my DH, but none for me, so bought one on the ship..This time we are only going as far as Santiago via the Canal & expect it to be nice & warm...

Thanks again & Happy Cruising..

All of the ships I have been on -- Princess, RCCL, NCL, etc. -- are strictly 110V. Just bring along a standard power strip to let you plug several other items into the outlet. Many have just one outlet but some cabins have two or three.

Bob

As has been said, you will need to get an adapter from the pursers desk. Although there is no charge for this, you will have to sign for it and be sure to turn it back in at the end of the cruise.

And don't forget to say hi to Gay when she does up room 8015.

• 1 month later...

I was on the Crown last December/January in a cat D cabin. There was one outlet in the cabin and one in the bathroom - I wasn't sure if the one in the bathroom was intended only for shavers so I never tried it.

The one in the cabin took my American plugs fine, I brought a power strip because I had multiple items I wanted plugged in. It's been a while but it seems like there was another outlet that had a European style setup. I also brought a converter which I never used.

The hair dryer left something to be desired. I have short-ish hair but lot's of it, I used only the provided hair dryer. I usually grumbled about it and did skip washing hair a couple of times because it was too annoying but it does work, it sounds kinda like a jet getting ready for take-off.

Archived