Ruby or Grand

geocruiser

Absolutely! We are so fortunate. I was just thinking that as I was responding to some post on the ports forums. I feel so blessed that I have traveled to these ports and can share my experiences with others. I have a few friends you haven't traveled much at all so the fact that I have had the wonderful opportunity to cruise 16 times is amazing to me.

And lets not forget all the great people we've met on all those cruises .. (sometimes I think thats the best part :))

Blessed indeed

Srpilo

And lets not forget all the great people we've met on all those cruises .. (sometimes I think thats the best part :))

Blessed indeed

Srpilo

It surely is. I love meeting my fellow cruisers. We are definitely blessed. Aren't you just loving this October Southern California weather? I lived in SD for 5 years and visit at least once a month to see a dear friend.

The damming of these flaws is the absense of the center staircase, this alone make the ship one of the most passenger unfriendly ship I've ever sailed on. If don't use the heavily used elevators you're litterally forced to go to the front or aft of the ship to access the only stairwells to the passenger cabin floors, if you have a mid-ship cabin you must constantly walk all the way forward or aft if you want to use the stairs.. Over 3000 passengers and only 2 stairwells :confused: . .

We found the Grand superb.:) No problem getting anywhere....OK no centre stairs but look at it as a bonus ....getting getting rid of the calories for all the great food you gonna eat. We had traditional dining in Botticelli and always walked the length of the ship (cabin in front, restaurant at stern...it doesn't hurt honestly!!!!) AND the Grand only has 2500 passengers.

Your welcome :)

Of course as always opinions vary, But I thnk we can agree on our love of cruising and being so fortunate to do so :)

Srpilo

Now that is two things we completely agree on. Sure there are a lot more.

I just don't like over crowded show lounges, pools, bars, and so on. But also since back surgery I must use the elevators so I don't like crowded elevators either. Guess I will never change.:D

:)

Now that is two things we completely agree on. Sure there are a lot more.

I just don't like over crowded show lounges, pools, bars, and so on. But also since back surgery I must use the elevators so I don't like crowded elevators either. Guess I will never change.:D

If it's not one thing, it's another :D

And yes I'm sure we could agree on lots more :)

Srpilo

DH and I are considering joining friends who will be on the Ruby in February. We are in Dayota until the 4th, and this cruise leaves on the 5th of Feb.

This will be our first Princess Cruise. The ship looks HUGE. my only comparison would be the Carnival Glory, which we absolutely loved.

Hoping we do this cruise. It's been fun researching it.

Archived